Skin Syncing Tool?

Kocrachon

Hey All,

My squadron has a few skin makers, and we are trying to figure out a way to maybe host some sort of "skin repo" that has tool that auto syncs everyones skins to the latest version. I've thought about google drive and what not, but those can be a bit complicated to set up and not accidentally delete your original folder.

I read of JGSME but wasn't sure if this did it perfectly setup, as it sees like it may not handle skins as well, but I am not sure.

I have a Linux and a Windows server I can host on, so I am pretty open to options.

Mainly, I wan't something that I can "add" a new skin to a specific aircraft, and users of the software automatically get it added to the appropriate aircraft folder

Edited by Kocrachon

Hey All,

My squadron has a few skin makers, and we are trying to figure out a way to maybe host some sort of "skin repo" that has tool that auto syncs everyones skins to the latest version. I've thought about google drive and what not, but those can be a bit complicated to set up and not accidentally delete your original folder.

I read of JGSME but wasn't sure if this did it perfectly setup, as it sees like it may not handle skins as well, but I am not sure.

I have a Linux and a Windows server I can host on, so I am pretty open to options.

Mainly, I wan't something that I can "add" a new skin to a specific aircraft, and users of the software automatically get it added to the appropriate aircraft folder

I believe you can do this with OvGME.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

JSGME will not do what you are asking. It is good for mods that need to be installed and removed. Skins do not need to be removed from the Saved Games folder. As long as you don't change the name of the skin it will overwrite and be updated. Google might be your best option. I have been using a zip file on Dropbox and since the skins don't really changenmuchnit works fine.

Is there any documentation on how to set up a repo? The Github repo and the Website for it are both down.
Hmmm... Not sure, but there's a thread here somewhere. You might find help there.

Or, come to think of it. One dude has made mod "packs" he distribute. Find it through Hoggit, and the other day, if I remember correctly. Somebody suggested on the A-4 Discord that they could distribute updates through OvGME. Not many post's there, so if you backtrack, you could probably contact him.

I'm trying to do it with ovgme at the moment but can't get it to work. Moltar distributes his mod pack via ovgme repositories, you can find his mods on the forums (just search for moltars mod pack)

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

I'm trying to do it with ovgme at the moment but can't get it to work. Moltar distributes his mod pack via ovgme repositories, you can find his mods on the forums (just search for moltars mod pack)
Yes, that's the one I was thinking about.