Smoke blowing too strong

TOViper

Wind in this mission on ground was set to 3 knots.

This aircraft landed in Kokhi, and it is clearly visible that the smoke coming out of the damaged aircraft is blown too strong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8D3gowEsrA

OpenBeta, 2.5.6.45915, in multiplayer, seen as client. Mission was running on a dedicated server.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• ED Team

Do you have a short track showing this, I tried to reproduce and could not.

Screen_200407_001831.thumb.jpg.14ecb14afb2eedbdc663aab4b3846b16.jpg

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Do you have a short track showing this, I tried to reproduce and could not.

Good morning Big!

unfortunately not, since I changed the mission in ME afterwards and ran it a few times to get rid of some bugs, thus the last flight track in my TEMP directory was overwritten (just checked it).

It happend during MP flying as a client on a dedicated server, after many events approx one and a half hour after mission start. The AI tanker got shot at by an Iranian (AI) F-5E-3 using a Sidewinder P5, and he managed to land on the airfield.

I made the one or other experiences with smoke trails in the past, and what I can say is that if I switch cameras by using F2 to change between aircraft and inbetween use the F10 (map view), sometimes the smoketrails (e.g. when flying high) show strange forms or are blown with extreme wind speeds. Mostly the effect goes by if the camera is long enough on the plane. This problem also relates to snow or rain effects.

I have absolutely no idea which events trigger or cause these problems, but I think it is absolutely hard to reproduce, thus - in the situation when it happend yesterday - I instantly started recording with NVidia Experience.

I know this all might sound very strange to you and not reproducable, but these are my observations, and you can rely on them.

I really hope some other guys will come into this discussion to confirm my observations, otherwise you will start thinking bad about most of my posts ... :cry:

Kind regards,

TOVipe

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I had this a while ago when flying RTB in Nevada. The contrails of my F/A-18 were being blown perpendicular to my heading. I've only seen it happen once though.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index