elevators and deck tractors/a way to push the jet back.

WelshZeCorgi

If in DCS we can use the elevators and the hanger deck, how would we use them? Because I am assuming you can't use deck tractors in-game and you need deck tractors to help the aircraft on the elevators.

For example, you drive an f14 out of the hanger onto the elevator, nose pointing out, then ride it up. But if you went too far forward on the elevator, you now have no space to turn around. Where a deck tractor can just hook up and back you up, in DCS you basically taxied yourself into a corner and have to exit, re-enter and do the whole startup sequence again, hoping you don't accidentally drive too far forward on the elevator again.

If in DCS we can use the elevators and the hanger deck, how would we use them? Because I am assuming you can't use deck tractors in-game and you need deck tractors to help the aircraft on the elevators.

For example, you drive an f14 out of the hanger onto the elevator, nose pointing out, then ride it up. But if you went too far forward on the elevator, you now have no space to turn around. Where a deck tractor can just hook up and back you up, in DCS you basically taxied yourself into a corner and have to exit, re-enter and do the whole startup sequence again, hoping you don't accidentally drive too far forward on the elevator again.

Valid question. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an aircraft pointed outward for elevator transfers. A/c’s are usually pointed toward center beam for elevator transfers for easier tractor hookup. Are we going to have the ability to “drive” below deck? Or will the a/c be prepositioned on the elevator for us? Not sure we’re at the point of a fully functional hanger deck. Maybe in the future? Hmmmm... SME’s?

F/A-18C Hornet, i9 9900K OC 5.0G, 1TB Intel 660 M.2 SSD, Z390 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, GeForce RTX 2080TI, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T-Rudder, Oculus Rift S, Open Wheeler GEN2 Sim Chair w/ Warthog Upgrade.

Please check the Wishlist thread for your indirect answers. The fact the these questions have already been asked, and moved to the Wishlist thread indicates that these features will not be implemented at release. However, maybe ED is future proofing the SC for future implementation of features like these. The point is, no one knows what the Supercarrier is like. All we know is that there's 21 days or less until release. Given the way 2.5.6 has gone, I wouldn't be surprised if it's delayed. But thats just MHO.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

All we know is that there's 21 days or less until release. Given the way 2.5.6 has gone, I wouldn't be surprised if it's delayed. But thats just MHO.

We don't know the release date as nothing has been confirmed yet and as you say, delay would not be a surprise. Not to mention the lack of information. So we definitely don't know ;)

Danger zone!