VR set no longer detected?

Mud

Since update 2.5.6 it appears that DCS is no longer detecting my Oculus Rift CV1. DCS just starts up in normal monitor mode. No image is sent to my VR set.

VR is enabled in DCS options.

I am using the minimal Oculus runtime 1.3

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

UPDATE:

Switching to the current runtime solves the issue. That's a shame though because running 1.3 allows for one to skip all the bloatware/home and save a decent amount of memory.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

I’m sort of stunned that the Vr home runs in oculus while something else is processing, in both steam and wmr the house gets suspended , so doesn’t have a perfect impact on games. Are you sure it’s not doing the same in oculus?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Since update 2.5.6 it appears that DCS is no longer detecting my Oculus Rift CV1. DCS just starts up in normal monitor mode. No image is sent to my VR set.

VR is enabled in DCS options.

I am using the minimal Oculus runtime 1.3

I feel you pain, same here.

Any solution other than installing full ****ing Oculus Home?

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Seems to be a CV1 problem, no problem with my S.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

My VR is functioning, CV1 user here. That being said, DCS is no longer rendering all images in the L lens. This used to work: options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = false but now no longer has the effect it should.

I use OTT, with settings to disable Oculus mirror and some other settings, but certainly have to have Oculus Home open. Too bad, as it used to function without it being open. A change that happened along time ago now. Bummer. Have you tried running a repair for DCS, to see if that sorts out the issue of VR not functioning?

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

My VR is functioning, CV1 user here. That being said, DCS is no longer rendering all images in the L lens. This used to work: options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = false but now no longer has the effect it should.

I use OTT, with settings to disable Oculus mirror and some other settings, but certainly have to have Oculus Home open. Too bad, as it used to function without it being open. A change that happened along time ago now. Bummer. Have you tried running a repair for DCS, to see if that sorts out the issue of VR not functioning?

Cheers,

Don

You can prevent the Home Environment from loading in the Oculus settings. You still get the Dash belt.

I myself though have never seen any performance difference in the game whether the home environment is loaded or not, after all it all just fades to gray when the game launches.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You can prevent the Home Environment from loading in the Oculus settings. You still get the Dash belt.

I myself though have never seen any performance difference in the game whether the home environment is loaded or not, after all it all just fades to gray when the game launches.

I was just referencing when you didn't actually even have to boot the Oculus software, as any program running takes CPU/GPU/RAM resources away from your system. It's a negligible amount currently, but with things ramping up on DCS' side for resource requirement - any little bit helps so of us.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Cheers,

Don

Sadly I don't have the bandwidth to successfully update Oculus to the new version, and it looks like DCS is now going to run using an updated API. So this probably spells the end of my DCS experience.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-6700 3.4GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB - Logitech G940 - Oculus Rift CV1

Sadly I don't have the bandwidth to successfully update Oculus to the new version, and it looks like DCS is now going to run using an updated API. So this probably spells the end of my DCS experience.....

Crazy, how big is the Oculus update? My DCS 2.5.6 update was 31 gigs.....

Cheers,

Don

For me the update for DCS was around 7Gb, but it can be resumed from a disconnection. Oculus for me downloads in sections and some of them are too big before I get disconnected. (ADSL internet here)

I can at least carry on offline using 2.5.5, but as a user of the YAK, I bet it'll get the long awaited updates now I cant update! Sods law....

I'll hope it's not an API change and something will get fixed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-6700 3.4GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB - Logitech G940 - Oculus Rift CV1