Cannot get Dlink to work.

Archaic

Was working fine on my old computer.

Built a new one, and now it the HSD doesn't display any data.

Startup is fine, aligned until RDY is sold (does it need to blink?), MIDS is on in back right panel.

No DLink info, at all, is shown on my HSD.

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

Was working fine on my old computer.

Built a new one, and now it the HSD doesn't display any data.

Startup is fine, aligned until RDY is sold (does it need to blink?), MIDS is on in back right panel.

No DLink info, at all, is shown on my HSD.

Rather then just RDY, for datalink I think you need to let the alignment finish, so either a precision of 10 for stored heading or 06 for normal align. Should take around 2 mins for stored heading and 8 mins for normal align.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I was able to get dlink info show by not using INS norm to align, but a lot of friendlies were showing as enemy (even myself). Is everything really bugged with f16 right now or did my install mess up?

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

I was able to get dlink info show by not using INS norm to align, but a lot of friendlies were showing as enemy (even myself). Is everything really bugged with f16 right now or did my install mess up?

Works on my machine. :music_whistling:

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Works on my machine. :music_whistling:

Unhelpful. You probably aren't even flying online.

Thanks, it appears a lot of people are having this issue and there is a conflict with certain planes interaction with dlink in a multiplayer environment. I'm surprised this isn't recorded as a known bug. I makes the F16 unplayable online. Last night I killed a friendly after chasing it down for about 5 minutes, IFFing the whole time with TMS Left. Came back as hostile.

You get friendly/enemy tracks constantly flip-flopping, and even show myself as "enemy" on the HSD. At first I was reacting like someone was on my six I couldn't find.

This is a bad one.

Ins needs to be setup correctly for dl to work.

It is. Although the procedure seems to have changed recently. Aligning in NORM does NOT work, even if you wait 10 minutes. Nothing displays on HSD other than your waypoints and aircraft position.

Last night I killed a friendly after chasing it down for about 5 minutes, IFFing the whole time with TMS Left. Came back as hostile.

The person you shot down could well have had his IFF turned off, in which case datalink may well have also reported him and hostile even if it was working correctly.

I do agree though that I needs to be looked at. There is a thread for it in the bugs section, they need a track showing the issue, which is the problem.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

The person you shot down could well have had his IFF turned off, in which case datalink may well have also reported him and hostile even if it was working correctly.

I do agree though that I needs to be looked at. There is a thread for it in the bugs section, they need a track showing the issue, which is the problem.

The guy I shot down was in an F15.

Appears to be conflict with having F18 and F16 on same side, according to Maverick (104th).

The guy I shot down was in an F15.

Huh.. Ok, well thats a weird one. Haven't seen that. Wonder if there is any IFF issues with the F-15 because regardless of the Datalink the IFF should still return.

Proud owner of:

It is. Although the procedure seems to have changed recently. Aligning in NORM does NOT work, even if you wait 10 minutes. Nothing displays on HSD other than your waypoints and aircraft position.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4193841&postcount=41

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Thanks, I'll try this.

Have you ever seen the default coords in error? Do you manually enter them every time or just hit enter?

I searched youtube high and low for new F16 vids and couldn't find any that cover this. Do you have a link to a video created after this need was patched in to the procedure?

Before Christmas I remember being able to just throw it to NORM and wait, and everything worked okay.

I’ve just pressed enter on each line (lat, long, elev) and it aligns okay. Once the alignment is complete, move knob to Nav. A good way to check that it did indeed align is after you turn the knob to Nav, turn on your JHMCS and check that the heading tape scrolls as you move your head around. If it doesn’t, then it didn’t align. Go to off, then back to align again and repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

I’ve just pressed enter on each line (lat, long, elev) and it aligns okay. Once the alignment is complete, move knob to Nav. A good way to check that it did indeed align is after you turn the knob to Nav, turn on your JHMCS and check that the heading tape scrolls as you move your head around. If it doesn’t, then it didn’t align. Go to off, then back to align again and repeat.

Yup, this works fine, you just have to constantly spam IFF with TMS Left with the bug that has friendlies showing as enemies.

When did this process change, and was it documented? Before Christmas it didn't seem that a full alignment was necessary.

I think it was the last update, first one of 2020?

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Have you ever seen the default coords in error?

No

Do you manually enter them every time or just hit enter?

I enter them but I do not think you need to in DCS

Do you have a link to a video created after this need was patched in to the procedure?

I don't have link but there are many videos in youtube

When did this process change, and was it documented?

Is in the early access manual, starts on page 54

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Appreciate the effort in addressing my concern and being helpful, mvsgas.

Has ED acknowledged the bugged DLink showing friendlies as enemy? I read through that other thread but it didn't seem that they have reproduced it.

They just need to fly on a populated MP server.

I don't know if ED acknowledge it. I do not see it as a bug. How many people go online and set up their Mode 1, 2, 3 or 4? It should show us as a hostile if we don't have the right code.

Is it accurately portrait right now in open beta versions 2.5.5.41962?

I do not know, but it makes since to me if players do not have the right codes, they shouldl show as boggy/unknown/hostile. If another aircraft in you network can't id as friendly, it make since they show as hostile. AFAIK, that is the hole purpose of the IFF and NCTR.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,