Gazelle module features updates

Pat01

Fredo,

We all appreciate your efforts to help improving this module, but there's no need to advertise your post everywhere on this forum. You are arriving too late after the "flawed FM war" heated discussions (search for them) and there is nothing really new in your report. We got dozens of real life pilots that teared themselves apart on the matter for a long time. Pilots know the FM is far from perfect and devs are working on it. If you are new to DCS (I suppose, based on your profile) you'll learn that extreme patience is mandatory.

• Like 1

There are a lot of things to fix, but this is the Features-Thread, not the Bugreport-Thread.

• Like 1

please note: english isn’t my first language, I‘m still learning. Please feel free to contact me when you think something I wrote is not clear, simply wrong or just should be corrected – thx

• 2 months later...

They are hard at work I guess.

I remember it being very similar when the Huey was released.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 9 months later...

Has there anything mentioned whether the devs entertain the idea of adding sling loading to the Gazelle via another info channel i might have missed? Sure would be the sweetest thing, even if it can carry only very light stuff. Notheless, it would open so many gameplay routes.

• 7 months later...
Has there anything mentioned whether the devs entertain the idea of adding sling loading to the Gazelle via another info channel i might have missed? Sure would be the sweetest thing, even if it can carry only very light stuff. Notheless, it would open so many gameplay routes.

+1 for sling loads

Also would love NVG to work on all variants

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Neither sling load, nor NVG for all variants planned.

Ah well thats is a shame, so we will have to edit the config file ourselves to enable NVG for all variants then, bit of a shame you guys cannot do that

Neither sling load, nor NVG for all variants planned.

What exactly is the problem with allowing the NVG in all variants?

You seem fairly resistant to what would seem to be a trivial change. It would enhance QOL and enjoyment for many players, especially those who are unfamiliar with LUA editing.

What exactly is the problem with allowing the NVG in all variants?

You seem fairly resistant to what would seem to be a trivial change. It would enhance QOL and enjoyment for many players, especially those who are unfamiliar with LUA editing.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3395003&postcount=4

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the link. Seen it already. It's irrelevant. They've taken of artistic license elsewhere in the module so why not with NVG.

We have many servers with night missions and all 3 Gazelles. Players want to fly them, but they cannot unless they're confident editing their files.

So the 'real life' argument is just dodging the issue. This isn't real life. It's a video game.

Thanks for the link. Seen it already. It's irrelevant. They've taken of artistic license elsewhere in the module so why not with NVG.

We have many servers with night missions and all 3 Gazelles. Players want to fly them, but they cannot unless they're confident editing their files.

So the 'real life' argument is just dodging the issue. This isn't real life. It's a video game.

Use a mod if you are not happy with RL restrictions? Everyone piloting a sim heli should be able to copy/paste some files but no need to integrate it into the module.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No is not.

Is a simulator.

There's a scoreboard and people are (generally) having fun. So it's a game. :thumbup:

Use a mod if you are not happy with RL restrictions? Everyone piloting a sim heli should be able to copy/paste some files but no need to integrate it into the module.

In other threads discussing this you'd see that in fact some people don't feel confident editing files.

Anyway I don't want to get into a pointless argument with you. The question I'm asking is directed at the developer, not you. Cheers though.

You can have fun flying a simulation that represents real systems of a real helicopter.

The Gazelle doesnt have NVG, so the simulation is correct.

Hellfires are super fun also but the Gazelle doesnt have those.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

You can have fun flying a simulation that represents real systems of a real helicopter.

The Gazelle doesnt have NVG, so the simulation is correct.

Hellfires are super fun also but the Gazelle doesnt have those.

You're completely missing the point, but that's ok. There's plenty to enjoy with this module, I was just asking for a slight improvement to help with what is actually occurring in game, regardless of real life.

Anyway, as I said, my question was for the developer, whom you do not represent, so I'll just leave it at that. Cheers.

I represent myself. Only. And i have an oppinion also, like you. Can i express mine?

If you want NVG in the Gazelle use a mod, is easy, but dont ask developers for something that doesnt exist.

Mods are fun.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

One of the variants has NVG, the others do not, I would prefer if the dev would give

us a decent reason for why they are resistant to doing this

Interesting, though IRL a pilot could indeed himself put on a pair of NVG's onto his helmet anyway ?

I like others have posted on this very thread would like NVG for all variants,

there is nothing to stop people who want moar realism from ......

not using them by not pressing the NVG button when flying at night

That would be a simple way to keep both parties satisfied