Oh She's twitchy!

j0nx

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, did it without damaging the plane too.

I found a new challenge. :D

If you can land her on top of the highest point of a building crane you are my hero. I tried it for 30min but then my wrist started to hurt, the warthog isn't a great :joystick: for that.

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

It is nice to see most of the posted vids in Nevada... the only map for the chopper nut!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

oh is it? I thought the campaign was 1.5 only. Ya learn something every day.

Following on from another post, a curve of 3 - 5 and saturation of around 95 really makes a big difference. I applied this to all inputs except collective and it is now much more controllable in the hover and through obstacles.

ya... Polychops made no compromise here, you either got the kit or its the curves.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Yes very nice with the curves and saturation.

Kit is warthog with 10cm extension, running 75 fps at McCarren.

If you can land her on top of the highest point of a building crane you are my hero. I tried it for 30min but then my wrist started to hurt, the warthog isn't a great :joystick: for that.

I tried a few times but I don't think it can be done. I think the collision box is a point, not flat, so however well you land, you just fall off.

Does this count? I did that landing the evening the Gazelle was released :)

Sorry, this doesn't count because the collision box is to big and landing there is a little bit like cheating(see picture). :D

But Flamin_Squirrel is absolutely right, i'm referring to the "platform" to the top left of your screenshot. I tried it several times but was never able to land there, i always slid to one side.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Hello

Here are some advices that will prevent you to have more troubles with controls

1) DO NOT CHANGE Y saturation for pitch and roll axis if you use the same joystick for piloting the helicopter and the camera

2) Changing the Y saturation for the rudder will prevent you to use all the rudder power in some emergency cases

The best way is to use only curves

Hello

Here are some advices that will prevent you to have more troubles with controls

1) DO NOT CHANGE Y saturation for pitch and roll axis if you use the same joystick for piloting the helicopter and the camera

2) Changing the Y saturation for the rudder will prevent you to use all the rudder power in some emergency cases

The best way is to use only curves

Good info! Thanks.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 1 year later...

I got her for a couple of days now, and without trying to overly pad myself on the back, i had no problem getting her to do what i want from the get go. I must say that i spent a couple of hundred hours flying light helos in an aspiring combined arms game/sim that got an advaned flight model sometime after release and this taught me all the building blocks for properly controlling and countering the various forces when lifting off and landing in a light helo. I gotta say that i was quite relieved that this transition went so smoothly...boy, i thought i would have to spend hours and hours to get the tiniest thing right. Landings with that weird sliding like on ice is a bit off still, guess that will be fixed some day.

Its not twitchy it's responsive. ;)

Here :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.