Unable to slave Aim 9x to radar locked target while using JHMCS

CrazyGman

So playing around with the JHMCS I noticed that with it turned on you can no longer seem to slave the AIM 9x to a target locked on by the radar. Is this how it's suppose to be? If so is there a way to disable the JHMCS on the hotas without having to turn the dial so that you can use the radar slave option?

There are definitely some issues with the AIM-9M as well. First off it indicates that it is the 9L in the HMD but the 9M in the HUD. Also I tried to use the RECCE button and while it does toggle the HMD it doesn't slave the missile to the radar where as if I turn the HMD with the knob then it is possible to do so, unless I had previously used the RECCE button.

HornetHMD9Missues .trk

The AIM-9X uses the uncage/cage button to lock the seeker to a target, not the RECCE MK button...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I don't have any problems with the operation of the AIM-9 using the HMD. The problem is that with the HMD active you can't use the radar to slave the missiles.

The RECCE button was mentioned above by Revelation so I thought I would give it a try and I found that while the HMD wasn't displaying you still couldn't use the radar modes to slave the missile and also even if I later did turn the HMD off using the knob I wouldn't get a clean tone but it would pulsate. however if I don't use the Recce button and turn the HMD off using the knob I had no issues with the radar modes. Also the radar locks like normal. The problem is that the missile is not looking at the locked target.

This is what I encountered and it looked to me like a bug but since I don't know how the HMD works exactly I thought that I would report it and ED can figure out if it is a bug or not. If it isn't they can just clarify how the system works like for example prioritizing the HMD over the radar. If it is a bug then they have just been informed of it and they can fix it whenever they are able to.

Not knowing for sure, but it seems logically that you cannot slave the AIM-9 seeker to two sources at the same time.

Though when the HMD is off, it should be possible to slew to the radar again...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Not knowing for sure, but it seems logically that you cannot slave the AIM-9 seeker to two sources at the same time.

Though when the HMD is off, it should be possible to slew to the radar again...

Just turning the HMD on and off I didn't have any issues as long as I didn't use the RECCE button.

The RECCE button just hides the HMD display to clear up your field of view. The system is still operating in the background. So unless you actually shut it down the system will keep trying to use it instead of your radar. At least that's my take from what I've seen.

• Like 1

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!