F/A-18C Lot 20 Template Questions / Help

SkateZilla

Which part of the template is the spine on the F-18?

See Area's Mapped in RED:

For both maps

Thank you!

I need to revise, I missed a part on map 1., but I'm busy at the moment.

Revised.

Everything in Red, is the Spine, Aft of the Canopy.

F18C_DIFF.thumb.jpg.67298861bc7983367151fcf53da59118.jpg

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Skate, do you know anything about this? Maybe as a feature request for the future? I would guess such little details are quite valuable for this module.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3492776&postcount=59

I dont think it will change.

At the same time I wish wing and centerline tanks had different materials.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I usually make it myself with lineart. Find a decent photo of it and recreate it sort of thing. Just lots of airliners.net and general google-fu to find relevant images.

Working on VFC-13, RAAF 3sqn, and VFA-108 Hornet anniversary.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I re-stencil them manually.

Where do you guys find high-quality ref material for decals and paint schemes? How do you make the squad logo symbols and tail/wing art?

I got mine from the original paintbrush author, which did it on the real aircraft for Swiss Air Force ;)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

I tend to use high res decals of the squadron patches and then again sometimes you just have to eyeball it, see it in game, make adjustments, and repeat. It also helps to keep in mind that there is a good chance that you are not going to get it 100% perfect to the real jet. Get it to where you like and then go have fun with it!

Matt "Ship" Shipley

Virtual Carrier Air Wing 1 (VCVW-1)

VF-211 Checkmates

I tend to use high res decals of the squadron patches and then again sometimes you just have to eyeball it, see it in game, make adjustments, and repeat. It also helps to keep in mind that there is a good chance that you are not going to get it 100% perfect to the real jet. Get it to where you like and then go have fun with it!

High Res Decals are fine, if they are Clean edges, if they are scans of decals sheets that are not clean, then even when you remove the blue backgrounds etc of the sheets, you'll have color bleeding on the edges

I load into photoshop, on a 1024x1024 Sheet, and Re-trace everything w/ vetor tool, as a path, and then fill or trace it depending on the edge, and then save as a separate PSD, that way I can re-scale paths and not have Aliasing or rough edges.

For example, the VFA-143 Art, for the Year I wanted, does not exist as a High resolution Decal, or even a High Resolution Image w/ Clean edges, so I re-drew it.

I Also did the same for VFA-25

VFA-143_RESTENCIL.thumb.jpg.b2dc99cb776a488e90bacc833cbac2f7.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

So I'm being dumb I know...but where is the .edm and the texture files for this? I can find the original F/A-18C but not the Lot 20. Can't check my textures. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I'm being dumb I know...but where is the .edm and the texture files for this? I can find the original F/A-18C but not the Lot 20. Can't check my textures. Thanks.

Maybe found them after 40 minutes of looking....

DCS World Two Five > CoreMods > aircraft > FA-18C > Liveries > FA-18C_hornet

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

/DCS World/Coremods/Aircraft/FA-18C/Shapes/

Could someone tell me the location of the roughmet map for the external fuel tanks?, I cant find it anywhere...

Thanks!

Bazar/World/textures/AeroWeapons

If you load any model in the ModelViewer and activate "Show Statistics" under "View" the "TEXTURES" window will show you every texture required for this model. By selecting a texture it will show a preview of it and the option to navigate to it's home folder.

What’s the font used for the “AG” etc. on the tails?

My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1

Hello, i need help with the Bolter Numbers. I dont know if this is the proper tread, so excuse me if this is bad placed.

I made my first steps with livery making, but i cant figure out how to modify bolter numbers.

I search but cant find any tutorial, or post to shine some light.

I know there is a lua, and i know how to activate or de-activate those bolter numbers.

But what i want is to edit the font, the size and move the bolter numbers.

Im trying to modify Spanish liveries to make the bolter numbers fit the real position on the aircraft. And make those dynamic.

Here is a picture. The 000 is where the USN bolter numb are, and i want to place my numbers where the 69-10 is

osBU5xc.jpg

Any help on the matter will be welcome, since i cant find any topic about this on internet.

Thx in advance

Edited by Renko

Bazar/World/textures/AeroWeapons

If you load any model in the ModelViewer and activate "Show Statistics" under "View" the "TEXTURES" window will show you every texture required for this model. By selecting a texture it will show a preview of it and the option to navigate to it's home folder.

Amazing, thanks for the help Texac!!!;)

Take a look at my MODS here