Helios?

Swany

So, being very new to DCS, I'm still learning about everything. I do not fly the KA, A10, etc. Pretty much just the old warbirds and the Huey. I've seen CPT Zeen's profiles, but, what I'm wanting to know is if -

1) Is Helios still up to date? Going to the site, doesn't look like it's been updated for a long time

2) Outside CPT Z's profiles, can you build your own? IE - What I'm after is I have a couple of little 7" TFT screens that I want to display only a couple of the gauges off the Huey (or even the P51). Are you easily able to just build what you want?

3) and most importantly, if it's still a viable program, are there any guides? can't find any beyond the "Install Helios, and click this and that to make your A10/KA50/Pre-supported aircrat". Can't find anything about custom doing your own thing

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

1) It still works. But it's not being developed further.

2) Yes, you can build your own if you know how to do it. Capt Zeen build most of his profiles after development stopped. He figured out how to get dials/gauges to work. And control switches.

But you can always do simple stuff like send keystrokes from a Helios profile. Make a cockpit, and when you touch/click on a switch it can send the game's keystroke... That is fairly easy compared to what Capt Zeen has done..

3) No in-depth tutorials. But I used these to figure it out..

Just go to Youtube and search for Helios Tutorials.

To send keystrokes to a game, you need to 'Add Interface', and add the keyboard. Then for a switch select the Output tab and set the keystroke.

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Snacko, thank you! I'm not worried about sending keystrokes (as of yet). I'm really just wanting some gauges displayed so I'm not always looking down in-game. The tft's are just below my monitors so I can just move my eyes down and not move my head unless I have to. And so I can zoom in on just the gauges and not the entire game

B. "Swany" Swanberg

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

Oculus Rift S VR

Hello!

if you need a custom profile for the UH1H, you can take my profile and just rearrange the gauges light or switches, and create your own design.

there is everything working, so just take what you need and delete everything else.

I created a discord channel if someone neeed support, You can find it at the site.

Hello!

if you need a custom profile for the UH1H, you can take my profile and just rearrange the gauges light or switches, and create your own design.

there is everything working, so just take what you need and delete everything else.

I created a discord channel if someone neeed support, You can find it at the site.

Got it! And saw already lol. Thanks again Capt Z! I'm sure I'll have more questions for you. I'll keep posting over on Discord if I do!

B. "Swany" Swanberg

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

Oculus Rift S VR