WWII and Combined Arms - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-17-2018, 07:25 AM   #21
SUNTSAG

For CA compatibility for some units, try this.....

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...25#post3599125

Cheers.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:32 PM   #22
davidtsw

The sale is on and I'm looking into getting more involved on the ground level so I thought why not get CA, but I'd hate to get it only to discover that only a handful of units are controllable.

So how does CA look these days with the WW2 units ? Which ones can be controlled ?
davidtsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:30 AM   #23
xvii-Dietrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtsw View Post
So how does CA look these days with the WW2 units ? Which ones can be controlled ?
Like all ground units, you can move them around on the F10 map. So they are all "controllable" in that sense.

However, if you mean "which ones can be human driven from a first-person perspective?" then ... https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...2&postcount=13

Yes, that post was a while ago, but nothing has changed. If you look at that post, you'll also see the interface to the units, which is pretty primative... esp. the StuG, which has no gun sights. So, the list is still...StuG IV
  • Sd.Kfz. 7 artillery tractor
  • Sd.Kfz. 2 Kettenkrad
  • Horch staff car
Also, there is
  • Fire Control Bunker (fortification)
But this is not something you drive... just man the machine guns.

There are no Allied units you can control from a first-person sense although, as mentioned, all ground units can be controlled from the F10 map. Also, I've just double checked all the above (in the Mission Editor as I type this).

Maybe when the new damage model is implemented, then they might go back to this, but at the moment, the WW2-assets/CA environment seems rather abandonned.
xvii-Dietrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:29 AM   #24
rogonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtsw View Post
The sale is on and I'm looking into getting more involved on the ground level so I thought why not get CA, but I'd hate to get it only to discover that only a handful of units are controllable.

Use suntsags mod for that! As for now mods are the way to go in dcs ww2
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:59 PM   #25
davidtsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogonaut View Post
Use suntsags mod for that! As for now mods are the way to go in dcs ww2
I see. It's good there's a mod that adds some compatibility, but if the devs can't be bothered to add that compatibility themselves then they're not seeing my money either.

BTW ED, it's disgraceful you sell your CA but choose not to inform people who are about to spend their hard earned money about what it is and isn't compatible with. One would then assume it's compatible with everything you have released. How would I know it's a half functional product if I hadn't asked the community here ?

As much as I like your sim, it shows how little you care about your customers.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:54 AM   #26
rogonaut

thats very dramatic, in the e-shop you still see that its in early access and what that means.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:29 PM   #27
352ndDeacon

That's an excuse that is used way too many times in this sim. How about finishing what you start, ED. Way too many "early access" reasons. The only early access they don't mind is our $$$$$$.

Last edited by 352ndDeacon; 04-19-2019 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Not completed- early access
352ndDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 03:09 PM   #28
davidtsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogonaut View Post
thats very dramatic, in the e-shop you still see that its in early access and what that means.
Cool. On Steam it doesn't and as far as I know I am free to choose where I get my DLCs from.

BTW, the assets have been out for like a year and a half. How much longer do you think we should wait ? Another year and a half in early access ?

If it's not finished then fine, ED should just be honest about it and tell people upfront they're about to buy an unfinished product. That's all I'm asking for.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:34 PM   #29
rogonaut

thats from steam:

The DCS: World War II Assets Pack will continue to grow with DCS: Combined Arms compatibility and free asset additions.

i understand your grief, u got two options here adopt CA with a mod to work with all vehicles and have fun or wait for how long it will take.

every game i played was better with mods, its the same with dcs.

have fun
Old 04-19-2019, 07:55 PM   #30
davidtsw

Fair enough. So it does ambiguously mention something in the description of the assets, but nothing when looking at CA itself. I think we can both agree it should be made 100% clear for anyone interested in either of the two products that they are mostly not compatible.