Community A-4E

Is the mod released ???

There was talk of Nov, so hopefully in the next 6 weeks

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Merker said in https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3676295&postcount=1182 that they're aiming for November sometime:

"For now I can say that mid to late November is our target timeframe and we are very confident about that fact. Why no exact date? Well, the fact of the matter is that we’d still like some flexibility without disappointing anyone. Never fear, we truly hope to see you all flying this around Thanksgiving."

So soon I guess?

We're in the closing motions. Still a bit of work to be completed 2D side and maybe one or two things for me to work out in the animation department, but this month is looking 99% certain. Stay tuned :)

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Uhmm A-4E with GBU´s?

I dont think thats possble

The GBU-12 arms simply by a wire being pulled out when dropped, and the laser code is dialed in on the ground. Any aircraft that can carry a Mk. 82 can carry the GBU-12, which is why the Mirage 2000C and F-5E modules can carry them, even though they can't self designate.

The GBU-12 arms simply by a wire being pulled out when dropped, and the laser code is dialed in on the ground. Any aircraft that can carry a Mk. 82 can carry the GBU-12, which is why the Mirage 2000C and F-5E modules can carry them, even though they can't self designate.
Yep! Basically every mount for the Mk8x Series should be capable of dropping anything with a compatible fixture. The transfer of data on launch (GPS guided stuff), or designating targets is a separate issue.

Dropping LGBs or cluster bomb canisters etc. should be possible for most airplanes that have the standard mounts. The limit is drag, weight, balance...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I know that, but ever used in any operational unit?

It could be added for fun in the mod anyway.

I don't think the A-4E or A-4F ever carried the GBU-12, however they could carry Bullpups and Walleyes, both of which can't be included due to weapons limitations. I think it wouldn't be an issue if they were included, which is why I asked. I'd support them, but I can understand why some folks would be leery of including them despite the fact you could mount and use them operationally with no modification of the aircraft at all.

I know that, but ever used in any operational unit?

Does it matter?! If you would have asked that for an A-10 in the late

90ies the answer would have been totally different than in 2008...

Aaand I doubt we will ever know any specific ordnance dropped from a plane during certain classified missions for a very long time.

It is not common to make a photo proof of a loadout during black ops to satisfy the military flight sim community, I guess. ;)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I do not favour unrealistic loadouts (Non historical). Once you cross the line, it is hard to stop.

What about Sabre with GBU or a Spitfire with GBU?

Well the Spitfire I don't think can carry the Mk.8x series, but yes if the Sabre can haul the Mk.8x then it should have access to the GBU-12.

Just to be clear what we're talking about here, GBU-12s are a nose and tail kit for the Mk. 82 bomb. It is just a laser tracker and guidance system. It has no communication with the dropping aircraft and no internal guidance. The laser code is dialed in on the ground and the seeker turns on by a wire being pulled as it falls off the rack. You could drop a GBU-12 from a Piper Cub and it'd work so long as someone was designating and you were near by.

Edited by Tirak

I do not favour unrealistic loadouts (Non historical). Once you cross the line, it is hard to stop.

What about Sabre with GBU or a Spitfire with GBU?

No matching mounts! Not possible, nor designed for that... What with the F-14A? Designed as a Close Air Support secondary role, though not required for its actual role. So bombs for a "Fleet Defender" an unthinkable loadout in the 70ies/80ies. Until the world had changed and somebody put bombs onto an F-14A and dropped them in the Nevada desert in 1987/88 and the "Bombcat" was born... a couple years later it was a venerable strike aircraft... So should we have bombs on a Tomcat A? Definitely yes as it had the mounts and tech to drop them. Should we have Mk-8x Series bombs and canisters etc. on the A-4E? Definitely yes as it had the mounts and tech to drop them.

Shagrat

One thing is you could.

Another is you should?

As i´ve said, my personal prefference is only operational loadouts. But nothing against that kind of weapons for fun. I will never use it but i understand people that could want it.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

One thing is you could.

Another is you should?

As i´ve said, my personal prefference is only operational loadouts. But nothing against that kind of weapons for fun. I will never use it but i understand people that could want it.

Exactly, in a campaign depicting a fictional War scenario in the early 2000s it could even make sense.

If one builds a historic mission/campaign, don't put them onto the plane.

In many scenarios for the F-15 or F/A-18C the AIM-120C or even B are not historical accurate, as well, so mission design needs to limit to the AIM-7...

Shagrat

Hmm, speaking of fantasy, I just thought of all the campaigns and most missions in DCS... but they are really fun to play. ;)

Shagrat

FYI;

List of Armaments

Guns: 2× 20 mm (0.79 in) Colt Mk 12 cannon, 100 rounds/gun

Hardpoints: 4× under-wing & 1× under-fuselage pylon stations holding up to 9,900 lb (4,490 kg) of payload

Rockets:

4× LAU-10 rocket pods (each with 4× 127 mm Mk 32 Zuni rockets)

Missiles:

Air-to-air missiles:

4× AIM-9 Sidewinder

Air-to-surface missiles:

2× AGM-12 Bullpup

2× AGM-45 Shrike anti-radiation missile

2× AGM-62 Walleye TV-guided glide bomb

2× AGM-65 Maverick

Bombs:

6× Rockeye-II Mark 20 Cluster Bomb Unit (CBU)

6× Rockeye Mark 7/APAM-59 CBU

Mark 80 series of unguided bombs (including 3 kg and 14 kg practice bombs)

B43 nuclear bomb

B57 nuclear bomb

B61 nuclear bomb

Others:

up to 3× 370 US gallons (1,400 L) Sargent Fletcher drop tanks (pylon stations 2, 3, 4 are wet plumbed) for ferry flight/extended range/loitering time

It is not only a matter of matching mounts, it is also a matter of center of gravity, launch aerodynamics, structructural airframe.... releasing a weapon for an specific airframe requires a complex certification and testing process before an airframe is allowed to use such ordnance.

In some cases mounts have to be modified, relase procedures implementes ect etc

While the A-4 can nicely transport a Mk 82 unit by weight, the A-4 has never transported or droped a GBU-12 in real life and nobody can certify this is possible until such process of assessment and testing is performed.

Why should DCS starts now with „never happened“ weapons loadouts configurations?

Lets keep it realistic as it is now where we all understand the capabilities and possibilities of each platforms based on historical and actual data.

It is still a great and fun aircraft to fly without GBU.

Fly and fight it as it was designed.

Edited by Furia