DCS: Ship simulator?

DCS: Ship simulator?  

405 members have voted

1. 1. DCS: Ship simulator?

• Yes
    • No

• 4 weeks later...
Ill settle for being able to land on moving ships....thanks.

Yeeeeeeeeesss! I'm all 100% for a ship simulator in any form, even just being able to operate them to start, but this this this this. Let's get this landing on ships thing figured out.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

Can't see a ship simulator being much use in Nevada...

They do have a "lake" (Groom) ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

They do have a "lake" (Groom) ;-)

They also have Lake Mead, which is nearly 250 sq. mi. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

See? And how fun would watching a destroyer attempt to plow through the Hoover Dam be?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

Makes me think of the good old days with JANES Fleet Command. Damn I loved that game, and most of the other JANES titles. Sad times when they released the trash that was JASF. You know somethings amiss when an Ace Combat game beats a JANES title.

EDIT: Just watched the above video, my God it looks so lifelike it's almost scary.

Edited by 159th_LoneWolf

• 3 weeks later...

The naval sim would have to be somewhat like Silent Hunter for me to be interested in a purchase.

I do not want a dangerous waters clone.

I do not want something so ultra realistic that it is unplayable.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think its toxic to even think about adding something new to the 'GC/CA' side of things before we have CAv1.5. (Or possibly CA 3.1...)

Don't get me wrong, I own all DCS modules and even learned to like CA.

But it is by far the weakest of all modules and any build up on that without going back to fix the 'core' is wasted time. I am having big hope for the promised 'CA v1.5' but I don't see much reason to start a Ship-CA module/addon as long as CA is not fixed up to certain level.

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old post, but none the less, it would be cool to see a PT boat sim go into works later on after DCS WW2 is released. A lot of the Naval Ships are declassified and would be a blast to use in coop. Anything to immerse us enthusiast into the field/sea of battle. I loved playing this game. It was an underdog and not widely spoken of, but fun to play.

Edited by robert.clark251