Sidearm bug ?

edineygomes

I also noticed that hit probability is quite a bit lower since the last update. But I fear it´s a feature, not a bug. But not sure...

It seems much better than that if I'm not total wrong here. Made some tests with EWR's and the sidearms don't kill the whole unit but the radar... What a feature :joystick:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok strange. Time will tell I think. The EWR's simply stopped sending.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok strange. Time will tell I think. The EWR's simply stopped sending.

EDIT: I suppose you are right. After several tests I found that the damage of the EWR happens in 2 out of ten times (maybe because it's so big?)

All other units will be destroyed or missed (what is intended IMO).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We will check the issue.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

It seems much better than that if I'm not total wrong here. Made some tests with EWR's and the sidearms don't kill the whole unit but the radar... What a feature :joystick:
They should not be variable against those low frequency EWRs anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Tried with shooting at SA-8 OSA's. Even though AGM-122 count as hits & I can see them hit, the OSA still keeps on shooting back?

just tried, got 2 hits on the same SA15 with AGM122, but it wasnt destroyed and killed me and my mavericks. Before the update, 1 sidearm was enough to kill a SA15.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Same issue here. Also seems to be a problem with re-locking after the first missile is fired, it seems that I have to deselect/reselect on the ACP to get a second missile to lock.

That's not new.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

Same issue here. Also seems to be a problem with re-locking after the first missile is fired, it seems that I have to deselect/reselect on the ACP to get a second missile to lock.

The issue with re-locking is a known one.

As for the sidearm effectiveness - I think it's now more in line with what it should be.

Original Sidearm was too "OP" with it's powerful warhead and precise guidance. Now you are able to achieve mission kills on things like Osa - radar is dead. But it's reasonable not to expect a hard kill on anything, but the lightest targets, and occasional misses.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

I agree it's a small missile. Was a surprise after the patch but now I got used and it's more challenging.

The texture while Under the wing is a bug, but when launched the texture is correct.

I cannot do much about the AGM-122 because ED is behind the updates.

I am trying to get kill radius increased, since the warhead uses shrapnel to shred the antenna, but I need track files when the missile hits close to the radar (as in just alongside the radar) for no damage.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

There's no frag model in DCS for warheads, so 'increasing the radius' will just turn it into a bomb with way too much power.

Instead, please ask ED for:

1. Frag model

2. Replace the missile fuze with a collidable object (a missile with a small warhead impacting near the radar vehicle might get the frag where you want it - ie. unarmored vulnerable bits)

3. Better trajectory shaping capability for your missile given the fuze (don't want it to trigger against ground - so always keep target slightly below the horizon if the dive angle is less than some number of degrees)

Partial/low damage from a close hit is more realistic than increasing the kill radius. These things aren't 100% accurate. And please remove EWRs from the target list ... or really, any relatively low-frequency radar.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I am trying to get kill radius increased, since the warhead uses shrapnel to shred the antenna, but I need track files when the missile hits close to the radar (as in just alongside the radar) for no damage.

Thanks for checking it out, Zeus

Here is a short test so please forgive my incompetent flying. The hit on the SA-15 is logged. I think the main problem is in fact not the hit probability but the damage output. Due to the current hitpoint model (and maybe one hitbox for simple ground models?) we won't get anything better atm until ED introduces fragment damage. I'm with Tharos that simply increasing the damage output would be adjusting on the wrong end...

I'm not a coder so I won't comment on anything but maybe ED can make a workaround like hit by sidearm = radar silent...

Sidearm.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Then for now it's better to have them destroy the whole target as it was on initial release.

Otherwise the SA-8 OSA will still shoot back even if hit & that kinda destroys the whole point with SEAD in missions & you can't lock on other emitting targets.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.