Field Carrier Landing Practice

Gandalf_56

First of all... thank you very much ED to bring us finally the F/A18C to DCS world

Now a simple question

Are we going to have or is it planned at any point in the early access or during EA period the FCLP?

Perhaps IFLOLS are not included at the very beginning according the FAQs but if we want to do CQ and follow the learning curve of the Navy pilot, this field practice will be a very nice feauture to include in the first stages of the Hornet evolution.

• Like 1

+1

Would love to see this added, but I can't think of an airfield that would be accurate to have an FCLP box/IFLOLS on NTTR, Normandy, or Hormuz. I guess it could be added to an existing field and not represent reality, but I guess this is a simulation :) Also, I can see most sim pilots will forgo FCLP and go straight to the boat (and crash), but I would like the ability to practice and maintain proficiency with FCLP at some airfield.

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

The hook on non-naval aircraft is not for "trapping" in the NavAir sense. It's for taking the barricade wire which works very differently. The land based wire pays out much farther and brings the jet to a more gradual stop than it's carrier-based counterpart. They don't catch a wire at NAS's when they do Carrier workups. They just aim for the right spot and usually bounce (do a touch and go) and fly another pattern as they would at sea if they were to Bolter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

We need Lemoore, Fallon, and we may as well go with El Centro, too. And at that point, they may as well put in North Island, Miramar and Edwards. And as long as we've gone that far with the Nevada map extension, enough of the Pacific for carrier ops off the California coast. And well, by that point, they should just go ahead and add Yuma.

The hook on non-naval aircraft is not for "trapping" in the NavAir sense. It's for taking the barricade wire which works very differently. The land based wire pays out much farther and brings the jet to a more gradual stop than it's carrier-based counterpart.

Which is something that is not officially supported.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It would be an awesome addition to the ME as an Object, maybe under the Structures menu, that could be placed on any runway and consisting of the painted box with a functional IFOLS attached.
+1 but I also recognize that the FLOLS/IFLOLS isn't ready yet, but having the rest of the list placeable would be wonderful.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A few RAF airfields have/had arrestor gear too and there are tales of Lightnings and Phantoms having to use them.

On this page there are some pictures of the arrestor and a Lancaster that has a tail hook and arrestor wire under the Lanc.

https://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?75441-airfield-aircraft-arrester-wire-systems&highlight=airfield%20arrestor

There are more detailed images on the Airfield Research Group's forums too but you have to be registered with the site to see them.

https://www.airfieldresearchgroup.org.uk/

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...