RedBaron's G940 Profile

Can i ask for the Logitech Profiler profile?

Or do you edit the controls via the in-game settings menu?

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

Redbaron is configured in game settings, really good, i like those, thx redbaron for sharing to us

I have redbarons profile, but i use logitech profiler. :smartass:

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi there. I see you use slew on your mini-stick. I have never gotten to make this work right in either Black Shark or A-10c. If I use the DCS profiler it will most of the time not recenter properly. it will "stick" VERY OFTEN somewhere on the x-axis between 70 and 5 percent off center whenever I release the ministick.

This results in the diamond flying off into the distance if you are not carefull. Because it thinks its still being slewn. I have given up on setting ministick to slew and I use it now as the trimmer by assigning keypresses to the left and right axis on the x axis in the G940 software and offcourse the same applies for the y-axis. I have to set up a 70 percent deadzone and someone else has luck with dividing it into 3 bands and so on.

What have you done to make this work correctly? I am using the latest firmware. Thanks

Set it up as a zone assignment in the Logitech software.

Can someone make a quick step guide on how install the .lua file in options. Need better insrtuctions on how to do this. I have made my OWN setups in the option screen, but cant seem on you to do this one. Also in version TWO what do the symbols mean. I am like all others here. When I load the .lua file it goes blank.

+ 1, same problem here. I download redbarron's profile put into the proper folder, try to open and nothing...all blank what's the deal ?

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

Hello,

it's because the file Redbaron gave us is empty (I mean the buttons). Open it with an editor as Notepad++ and compare it with the default G940 profile from ED, and you will see.

Based on his well done work with the PDF, I assigned this evening nearly all buttons. It's nearly completed, you will see that some actions are not assigned yet.

Anyway, if my profiles can be useful to you, feel free to download it :)

Happy flights!

EDIT: After a short test, I think I made some mistakes with the directions of the coolie hat. Anyway, I feel I have to correct between "Up", Fwd", etc..

cript_profiles.zip

Edited by cript
some things to be completed

• 3 weeks later...

Nice profile !

Could you post your force feedback settings too ?

I got my G940 yesterday and find it very hard to do precise flying with it, especially due to the force feedback centering spring.

On hard settings the stick feels very bumpy and i find it impossible to move it around smoothly and on lower settings I constantly disengage the autopilot when im using the ministick for targeting.

Did you find a way to solve this or did you just get used to the feel of the G940 ?

Nice profile !

Could you post your force feedback settings too ?

I got my G940 yesterday and find it very hard to do precise flying with it, especially due to the force feedback centering spring.

On hard settings the stick feels very bumpy and i find it impossible to move it around smoothly and on lower settings I constantly disengage the autopilot when im using the ministick for targeting.

Did you find a way to solve this or did you just get used to the feel of the G940 ?

Don't worry, you will get used to it, that jerkiness is just the motors. I found I had to turn down the force feedback settings down to about 85 , sorry not sure which slider that was tho. Good luck with your recent purchase, she's a real handfull sometimes, but you gotta love her.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't worry, you will get used to it, that jerkiness is just the motors. I found I had to turn down the force feedback settings down to about 85 , sorry not sure which slider that was tho. Good luck with your recent purchase, she's a real handfull sometimes, but you gotta love her.

I sure hope so, besides this jerkiness i really like the g940 and i don't want to trade it for another one.

What pisses me of is that I'm quite sure that the jerkiness is not caused by a mechanical problem but by the software controlling the motors and therefore should be fixable by an update. If it was a mechanical problem i think one should be able to feel it even with force feedback turned off.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all

I hate writing this post as I'm sure I'm missing something obvious!

Thanks first to Red Baron for your excellent profile, I am having some issues though.

I can't find some of the commands under my joystick input, the ones for eng start L/R and a couple of other aren't available to program for the joystick.

Thanks

Hello all

I hate writing this post as I'm sure I'm missing something obvious!

Thanks first to Red Baron for your excellent profile, I am having some issues though.

I can't find some of the commands under my joystick input, the ones for eng start L/R and a couple of other aren't available to program for the joystick.

Thanks

There aren't separate controls to start the engines. Moving them from off to idle (L Alt + Home for left, L Ctrl + Home for right) starts them.

DCS Wiki! :book:

Trying to use this configuration but am baffled (frequently my status in many things).

The G940 controls all have names or numbers (S1, T1, etc.).

The control setup matrix in A-10c simply has Joystick 1, Joystick 2 and so forth.

There appears to be no correlation between the two (Joystick 1 is not S1).

So, how do I map these functions so I am using the same buttons as in the RedBaron diagram?

Maybe this is explained somewhere but I sure can't find it.

Thx!

Edited by HotTom

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

Does anyone here know if Logitech is still supporting this product? I am having issues at times with the controller occasionally writing in other applications (Firefox, IE, Word) You can see the input from the controller entering in a command and repeating it. Is this a software malfunction??

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Does anyone here know if Logitech is still supporting this product? I am having issues at times with the controller occasionally writing in other applications (Firefox, IE, Word) You can see the input from the controller entering in a command and repeating it. Is this a software malfunction??

If it has a global profile applied and you've set it up to use keystrokes, that'll happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Great profile Red baron but i am having an issue with my TMS, It seems that when i use the coolie hat it controls the axises on the plane. e.g. push it up plane pitches up etc anyone else having this issue

I7 4770K@4.5 GHZ, Gigabyte Z87X-OC FORCE, 24GB Ram, Aorus GTX 1080 TI extreme edition, 500 GB SSD,120 GB SSD , 2TB HDD, Corsair H80i, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, Logitech G940,TrackIR 5 + Pro Clip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, first of all thanks for the outstanding profile Red Baron. :)

The lua files I created using this profile are in the below links. Please be aware that, in the files the profile is 90% completed so there are missing areas,(in Stick & Throttle) I'll try to upload a better version when I'm able. Personally I do not use Logitech profiler, instead I use in game controller setup screen. To load the files, be sure to clear the assignments of Joy 1, 2 & 3 at the beginning then load the relevant lua file to relevant controller and save. (If you own G940 you may already know that it's seen as 3 seperate controllers by the system, hence 3 seperate lua files.)

For Joystick

http://hotfile.com/dl/113895210/fb05bc8/CashmanG940_Joystick.lua.html

For Throttle

http://hotfile.com/dl/113895314/a5d263f/CashmanG940_Throttle.lua.html

And finally the Rudder

http://hotfile.com/dl/113895386/a1510f2/CashmanG940_Rudder.lua.html

Again, thanks Red Baron for the profile. Regards.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 Ghz, 16Gb 1333 DDR3, Ati 2 Gb 6950, Logitech G940, TM Cougar MFD, Saitek Yoke and other GA stuff....

Great profile Red baron but i am having an issue with my TMS, It seems that when i use the coolie hat it controls the axises on the plane. e.g. push it up plane pitches up etc anyone else having this issue

The ministick on the joystick? Check your axis binding in DCS. Otherwise you could try resetting your controllers as explained here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=61018 and retrying.

Thanks for the reply Bartleby, the mini stick works fine the hat switch below it is whats causing the issue :) seems to work fine as the DMS (Modifier+ hat Switch) but not when i use it by itself TMS (Hat-switch)

I7 4770K@4.5 GHZ, Gigabyte Z87X-OC FORCE, 24GB Ram, Aorus GTX 1080 TI extreme edition, 500 GB SSD,120 GB SSD , 2TB HDD, Corsair H80i, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, Logitech G940,TrackIR 5 + Pro Clip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the reply Bartleby, the mini stick works fine the hat switch below it is whats causing the issue :) seems to work fine as the DMS (Modifier+ hat Switch) but not when i use it by itself TMS (Hat-switch)

Ah. That's strange, then. Make sure the key-binding is right in-game?