DSMS problem?

Lace

I’ve set up a quick training mission, cold start NTTR. Everything is working well except when I run the DTS upload there is no stores info uploaded to the DSMS. I’ve tried this with several different load outs and the same blank DSMS, with red boxes on the loaded pylons.

Even when I manually enter the stores info to each pylon the red boxes remain. Interestingly when I set the master arm to ‘Train’ the stores Text show, but are still red.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there something in mission planning that I’m missing?

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Ow there was this ME editor bug.

When you played with some of the A-10 MFD pages settings and it corrupts the mission file or something and all stores showed red .

Try a fresh new mission and just set the a-10 slot on the ramp without any advanced settings (A-10)

@Kippy you around, that was that bug right ? you were telling me about

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Sup Shadow. You called?

Could be that "bug." If scripts exist for the A-10s DSMS within the mission file, if you don't carry the payload specified by those scripts you may experience this problem. To check, simply change the extension of the mission file from .miz to a .zip and take a look - you'll be looking for script folders and files in there for the A-10. I don't remember exactly what the directory looks like: not at home right now.

"From page 66 of the User Manual:

PREPARE MISSION. The PREPARE MISSION mode is used for integrating navigation and environment data into the saved mission file. When near the end of creating a mission, you can start the mission in the PREPARE MISSION mode (it will look much like usual FLY MISSION start) and configure various avionics in the cockpit. Your avionics settings can then be saved and will start in the saved states whenever other players open the mission.

The following avionics settings can be saved using the PREPARE MISSION function.

A-10C

CDU. All setting except a mission editor flight plan that can't be changed.

IFFCC. The block of test menu.

MFCD. Lower OSB buttons functionality.

SADL. Network user ID, callname etc. (NET page)

TAD. Profiles.

TGP. Laser codes, integration, calibration method, gain settings, TAAF altitude.

DSMS. Mission Control Page settings. Weapon profiles.

Once your avionics are setup as desired for the mission, exit the mission and press the SAVE button in the ME once again to save all of the prepared data in the mission file.

NOTE for mission makers:

If you use prepare mission mode, please indicate in the briefing that the player should not use the mission planner. If he'll change the route or weapons for the mission, the avionics scripts saved in the mission file using prepare mission will conflict with the new settings. If you want to give the player the freedom of action to the use the mission planner, do not use mission prepare mode.

Could be that "bug." If scripts exist for the A-10s DSMS within the mission file, if you don't carry the payload specified by those scripts you may experience this problem.

Would be my guess as well.

I've heard from cases where mission builders swear they never used "prepare mission", but for whatever reason there were some config folders inside the mission file (like Kippy says, it's just a zip file) that would only allow the aircraft to work with the preset payload.

Simply removing these folders from the .miz should work fine. For comparison, you could just create a new, naked mission with a single A-10C in it and compare the structure inside the zip file.

Basically, a .miz should contain these folders:

- Config

- l10n

- Scripts

And these files:

- mission

- options

- warehouses

Depending on the mission, other files may or may not be present.

@Lace, if you don't find an easy fix, can you upload the mission? Then we can take a quick look.

Ok, so opened up the MIZ/ZIP this morning and found there was a DSMS file in there already. I don't think I went through the 'prepare mission' protocol, but it is possible.

Anyway, deleting that file did the trick and next time I restarted and did the DTS upload the DSMS data was all present and correct.

Thanks for the help!

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.