Spitfire

elite1

They have separate triggers, so I guess you didn't assign your controls to them. There are three possible assignments in controls menu, one for firing MGs, one for cannons and one for both weapons firing together.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

The Spitfire has both machine guns and cannons; as Art-J says you can set up to 3 different buttons in your controls: 1) Fire Cannons, 2) Fire Machineguns, 3) Fire Machineguns and Cannons.

In order to fire, you will first need to unlock the safety for the guns (located on the top of the stick. Button in = safety on / button out = safety off). Set a control for "Guns Safety Lever (toggle)" in your controls, I believe the default is left shift + space. Once unlocked they will fire machine gun / cannon or both depending on your input.

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).

Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.
My DCS Youtube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/No64Bounder