476TTP 3-3.A10 Combat Aircraft Fundamentals - Public Release

Eddie

From my perspective, and I could be wrong, but IMO the 3-3 isn't necessarily great for brand new pilots. They should have a basic understanding of systems otherwise many items in the document won't be clear to them.

That being said, I've recently retired (for the time being anyways) from the 476th so Eddie or Stuka may agree with you and add your suggestion:

Hi Snoopy,

just asking: in the document itself, 5.11.8 says:

"PAC is available whenever EAC is armed, Master Arm switch is in ARM or TRAIN, and the air refueling door is closed and in gun in both CCIP/CCRP."

I think it would be good to mention speed brakes should be fully closed too. Many user's (incl. myself :P) cried for help about PAC not kicking in in a dive (recieving this answer then here), and I am not sure this condition was mentioned anywhere else, incl. DCS manual itself. Sorry if I'm wrong tough...

• Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
what a fantastic and well written piece of work.

Thank you for sharing.

Yes indeed. :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

From my perspective, and I could be wrong, but IMO the 3-3 isn't necessarily great for brand new pilots. They should have a basic understanding of systems otherwise many items in the document won't be clear to them.

That being said, I've recently retired (for the time being anyways) from the 476th so Eddie or Stuka may agree with you and add your suggestion:

Please don't fully retire. Yours is some of the best stuff out there, especially some of the weapon repaints, etc.

6D80k38.jpg

• 1 year later...

Thanks to everyone at the 476th for sharing so much of their knowledge and work for free, this product and your other work is priceless.

I have been getting into CCIP deliveries in the A10C mostly for the airmanship challenge and have been trying to do lots of reading. In a couple of memorable threads going way back, several of the 476th SME's stated that the MRS is not reliable. (Here, Here, and Here, threads from 2013-2014).

In the more recent TTP, however, page 157 states that the MRS should be utilized.

I wasn't able to find any threads stating that the MRS issues were fixed, but given that its use made it into the TTP, is it the position of the SME's at the 476th that the MRS is working correctly? Before I start really working on this I want to be sure a pipper X'ed by the MRS is a valid indication and not just a sim problem. Thanks in advance.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Thanks Gliptal -- I'm a little floored a question like that only brought one response and no argument, I was speechless for a little bit haha.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Incredible work - Kudos to the 476th

Incredible work - Kudos to the 476th. This is an invaluable reference for any Hog pilot flying online squad missions (fine tunes pretty much any Hog pilot that has not been exposed to the information). Thank you for sharing this gentlemen!

• Like 1

BlackHat,
Wing Commander 23vEW

Discord:  BlackHat#7626

https://74vefs.enjin.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

What a fantastic resource! Many thanks for sharing, it is a big help.

Is there an updated version by any chance? 

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 1 year later...
  • Thanks 3

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 7 months later...

On 9/12/2023 at 4:33 AM, Dunska said:

The OneDrive link for the documents is not working.  Does anyone have a working link?

We have done some housekeeping: new download link:  https://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=download&downloadid=507

Edited by Stuka
  • Thanks 4

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro