CA First Impressions/Questions

KaspeR32

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the vehicles able to rearm? Reloading seems to be automatic, what happens when out of ammo? Is there a place we can go or be near supply vehicles?

I imagine you would need an ammo truck nearby just like for AI. I'm almost done on my downloads and I will give it a try.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

So...anyone up for a quick review? I'm bursting at the seams to know what it was that had some testers burst at the seams. Some kind of feature surprise?

ive bought it and installed but not tried yet, too busy with the p51 updates lol.

i really like the idea of the games master spots. and the varying levels of participation. from simple observer right upto games master. this is epic, but maybe i see it wrong. the way i see it, its like having live missions. a real commander. what limitations there im not sure. but i cant wait to delve into it, at a modernish conceptual level. give them cockpits and "wow"

i think it could have gone one step further than a dynamic campaign. or indeed it is a dynamic campaign of sorts. or am i wrong. all that triggering and mission scripting. that hassle is now a playable hassle lol ! what wonderfull stuff.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have CA and you're wasting time with P51?!? Have you no shame, man? :D Seriously, I am sure it's much better than DC; there's nothing like blowing up some western nerds half the world away. What's games master spot?

And all I can say about the p51 is shake that booty! Loving it.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I´m testing the new features coming with CA and it´s really impresive.

RWR works perfect when i lock a friend´s plane, the same when i turn on off the radar but i have one question?

If i use a vehicle with lasing capability the LWR of a Ka-50 will burn up?

I was making test in my squad and all runs perfect , but no Laser warning in Ka-50 cockpits when i´m lasing it.

Maybe some vehicles use laser for buddy lasing that are not emiting in the frequency that the LWR of the Ka-50 works with? Or maybe some vehicles can tilt up the LWR and others not?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

You have CA and you're wasting time with P51?!? Have you no shame, man? :D Seriously, I am sure it's much better than DC; there's nothing like blowing up some western nerds half the world away. What's games master spot?

And all I can say about the p51 is shake that booty! Loving it.

GM is a level of interactivity in the world where forces are concerned.

 Game Master. Can observe and play as JTAC and control ground units for both sides. The

Game Master can view all units. As a Game Master, you can dynamically alter the ground war

during the mission.

Note 1: Although there are both Red and Blue side Game Master roles, both sides act the

exact same and both control units from both sides.

Note 2: For Head-to-Head multiplayer matches, it is best not to enable any Game Master roles.

 Ground Force Command (CM). Can strategically control ground units in the battlefield.

This includes indirect fire systems like artillery and multiple rocket launcher systems. Also

has First Person vehicle control, including JTAC capability.

 JTAC. Has First Person vehicle control, including JTAC capability, does not have strategic

control over ground units.

 Observer. Cannot play as JTAC or control ground units, but has unlimited camera access to

observe the action.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I´m testing the new features coming with CA and it´s really impresive.

RWR works perfect when i lock a friend´s plane, the same when i turn on off the radar but i have one question?

If i use a vehicle with lasing capability the LWR of a Ka-50 will burn up?

I was making test in my squad and all runs perfect , but no Laser warning in Ka-50 cockpits when i´m lasing it.

Maybe some vehicles use laser for buddy lasing that are not emiting in the frequency that the LWR of the Ka-50 works with? Or maybe some vehicles can tilt up the LWR and others not?

I got a laser warning yesterday. Pretty certain it was my squad mate.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

High demand?

My first impression is that ED wont let me pay for it =)

CA is in my cart. I'm stuck on the payment screen and trying to log into the site does nothing. I click forgot password and it says im logged in, then it returns me to the log in and says I need to log in. argh!

G'day Wichid, yeah I struggled at midday - so you are not alone - but got there in the end... downloads very slow today (particulary here in South Taranaki!):music_whistling: Good luck!

Science doesn't have all the answers...but at least it's asking the right questions!

I7 Ivy 2.8 Ghz | 20 GB | GTX - 580 | 24" Dell Monitor | Cougar MFD X2 | 4 Lilliput 8" touch screens | Saitek Cessna pedals | TM Warthog HOTAS | Helios

Great new Module overall!

I can't aim with smoke really though. Always lands miles ahead or behind the Target.

Anyone tried JTAC with AI?

I can lase or beam a target but I didn't find out how to tell the A10s yet :) They so far bomb what they want and don't care a penny about my beam or laser :)

Rather seems they save my marked target for last and take out everyone around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY_ccyDM-eY

Also when leaving the JTAC view the targeting seems to maintain but when jumping back its off.

Changing laser target forces me to lose target to push the set button and then it crashes.

Guess atm its more convenient for MP and Teamspeak comminication.

Edited by Weltensegler

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

My first impressions are that it is really fun.

At first I tried the mission at the top of the list, I had real fun when I found out how to fire the guided missiles from tanks.

I killed alot of the enemy tanks with the Smerch MLRS that was alot of fun.

But playing single player on that mission got a bit boring fast.

So I took the Stronghold mission from the KA50 deployment campaign tweaked it slightly and it was fun to play the ground units advancing with the support of AI air support.

But then I took the mission online and that is where the real fun began!

Having human controlled ground units is so much harder and more fun to play agiants and then when you call for human air support and it comes in and kick some butt it is like something out of the movies!

Taking my BMP into an enemy held village was really scary because you don't now what is around the corner unless you have some eyes in the sky.

Making missions is going to be so much fun when you can play them from any role.

I haven't tried the JTAC properly yet about from throwing a load of smoke around.

I have found that you can still drive a vehicle from the F7 outside view, which is good but it would be better if you could still control the rest of you group with the G ground arrow from outside like on ARMA ( I will put it on the wish list) and it would be cool if you could still fire from the outside view just for aesthetics!

Edited by jib

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

G'day Wichid, yeah I struggled at midday - so you are not alone - but got there in the end... downloads very slow today (particulary here in South Taranaki!):music_whistling: Good luck!

KiwiPete, hang in there mate! I think it's a DCS conspiracy to limit all torrents to places starting with "T", mabe with the exception of Texas ... it's bloody slow here that's for sure, Oh well the wait will be worth it, it always is! :P

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Missing something, like

Radar display on sam units

Rearming of empty units at armament vehicles

List of playable units

Radio for communication with other units

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A| Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W| Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KS @5 GHz | CPU-Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Tower Cooler | RAM: 32GB G.Skill F4-4133C17-8GTZR | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX4090 OC 24GB |SSD: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 1TB | Keyboard: Logitech G110 | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Gaming Devices: Hotas WW Orion 2 Stick&Throttle, Thrustmaster MFD, Pimax Crystal, Stream Deck XL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANd my list continues :)

Almost non of my vehicles I send somewhere make it over a bridge. They all fall down the bridge/slope or glitch into it.

But still a great new beta toy!

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

I got a laser warning yesterday. Pretty certain it was my squad mate.

I'm not so sure.

Yesterday I was doing Tunguska vs me in the Shark. Whe he used optical guidance mode and thus, the laser range finder, no LWR lights lit up. Missile came totally unexpected.

(my missile came totally unexpected too and it ended up 1-1 :))

'Frett'

I'm not so sure.

Yesterday I was doing Tunguska vs me in the Shark. Whe he used optical guidance mode and thus, the laser range finder, no LWR lights lit up. Missile came totally unexpected.

(my missile came totally unexpected too and it ended up 1-1 :))

No Laser on the Tunguska IIRC

Nate

Not sure about that Nate as it can also engage ground based targets, found the following on

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product1806.html

television-aided sight and laser rangefinder which together with the radar and digital computer system form an optical-radar fire control system (ORFCS) operating in the passive mode both day and night (moonlight at a quarter of the moon)

away from pc so can't test in game atm.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Guidance is performed by the gunner who uses the 8× magnification (8 degree field of view) 1A29 stabilized sight of the Tunguska to track the target and the missile (using a flare or pulsed beacon) is automatically tracked by the optics. The deviation of the missiles compared with the tracked target is used to calculate guidance commands, the tracking radar being used to send radio commands to the missile, making Tunguska a semi-automatic, radio command, with optical line of sight (SACLOS) system

Cheers.

Yeah, no laser. For Optical tracking the Tunguska utilizes a thermal imager for target acquisition and tracking, and an IR tracker for terminal missile guidance.

The Pantsir-S1 however uses inter alia a laser for Optical engagements.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

List of playable units

List as far as I know. I might have missed a few here or there.

MBT

T-80

T-72

T-55

M1A1

Challanger 2

Leclerc

Leapard 2

Leapard 1A3

IFV

BMP-1

BMP-2

BMP-3

BMD-1

MTLB-U BOMAN

BTR-80

BDRM-2

BTR-RD

MTLB

MCV-80

Maurder

M2A2 Bradley

Stryker ATGM

Stryker MGS

Stryker M2

Humvee Tow

Humvee M2

LAV-25

LVPT-7

M113 APC

Artillery

M-109

2S1 Gvozdika

2S19 Msta

2S3 Akatsia

2S9 Nona

SAMS

Chaparel

Avenger

Vulcan

Linebacker

SA-13 Strela-10M3

SA-8 Osa

SA-19 Tunguska 2S6

SA-15 Tor

SA-9 Strela-1 9P31

ZSU-23-4 Shilka

ZU-23 on Ural-375

ZU-23 Closed -- the one without sandbags

ZU-23 Emplacement -- The one with sandbags

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum