Combined Forces!

jmod

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Combined Arms features sounds great already, but how much cooler would it even be, if you could additionally control (give orders) to AI aircraft and helicopters! For example, in their announcement ED stated that reconnaissance planes will now finally get their true meaning - but as long as you can't direct them to a specific location, I wonder how that will work actually... Maybe I just lack imagination though.

• 1 year later...
Something HUGE I saw missing on that video:

There needs to be a text field where the artillery commander can enter MGRS grid coordinates; that way human pilots and JTAC/ FOs can make voice comms calls to the "artillery fire coordination center" (IE, the human artillery commander running Combined Arms), who then tasks assets to fire at THAT grid.

Also, it would be nice to see provisions made for adjusting artillery fire. This means the artillery commander would need to be able to designate an Observer-Target (OT) direction and issue adjustment commands (left, right, add, drop, up, and down) to the artillery fire, with "left, right" etc in perspective to that OT line. Additionally, the human artillery commander in Combined Arms should be able to designate how many guns of the battery fire, how many volleys they fire, and what munitions they fire.

Bump :) This would be really nice :)