104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

104th_Maverick

I want to report that RED helicopters can spawn at GALI even when it has been captured by Blue, and they just get destroyed by the Vulcans

Also, I believe that our second Transport to Sukhumi somehow killed its self 30 miles out.

Had a nice 3 or 4 hour GCI run, with a lot of action going on.

It will be awesome if can get dedicated ATC and GCI as I see more and more people working with SR

Might have to do a simple SR comms guide

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome mission guys! Pretty much exactly what I've been wanting to see in the DCS MP scene for a good five or so years! I give it a 9/10! For a true 10/10 experience, can we please get a second KC-135 for the A-10s? It was a bit disappointing flying 20 minutes the other day to a tanker I couldn't catch even in a fairly clean and light A-10!

Hey guys just wanted to chime in and say nice job on the server. I had a chance to play the new dynamic mission and I'm impressed with how great it plays out. This is much better in my opinion than the last iteration of missions where it was more of an airquake style at bullseye and ground objectives were their separate thing 80 miles away. Now both CAP/CAS have to complement each other to advance objectives which is awesome. Also I need to give ups to the server performance, I joined when the server had 10 hours of uptime and I never experienced a hiccup the two hours I played. One suggestion I have is to implement a web live map of the mission (http://gadget.buddyspike.net/,http://dynamicdcs.com/ for reference) so we get a better overlook of the battlefield.

Cheers.

Mission fixes and updates for today... post#2 updated.

Fixes

• -Another AWACS spawns under certain shoot down conditions - Fixed
  • -The first IL76 to Sukhumi dies right after spawn - Fixed
  • -Blue tankers spawn immediately after one is shot down - Fixed
  • -Red helicopters can spawn at Gali FARP when it has been captured by Blue - Fixed

Updates

• -Added KC135 Tanker for A-10 usage, callsign ARCO.
  • -Added additional units to Red Assault Battery Groups at Kutaisi, Senaki and Kobuleti.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

really enjoying Longbow - great work guys

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

The stability dream came true, huge thanks to the development team for making this happen!

• DCS 2.5,
  • 3000+ units
  • 1500+ triggers
  • AWACS
  • EWR
  • GCI
  • Aerial Refuelling....

24 hour run time :pilotfly:

tMXj7qq.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Maverick,

Can you please change the ATMZ-5's you have on the FARPs for refueling to the ATZ-10's? ED no longer has this listed as a refueling vehicle for FARPs. Refueling on RED FARPs now can only be accomplished by the ATZ-10 or ATZ-60(not placeable thru ME, only available at airfields).

I'd really like to carry around some rocket pods, rather than two heavy fuel tanks. Thanks brother...

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Quite the opposite, the last I was on this morning Blue side pushed all the way to Gudauta and plans were already in place to strike Sochi.

Mustang, wanna ask you something. Why did you make the C-17 go around ? :music_whistling: :lol: not announcing your airfield activities @ 128 V either... tctctc, naughty !

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I'm not sure why, but whenever I try to join this server, my video card memory usage goes right up to 8GB and then my driver crashes resulting in me having to re-install the driver.

Any idea?

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

The other day I wanted to do some AFAC in A-10C and noticed the captured airfields (atleast) don't have WP rockets to mark. Is this for stabillity or an oversight?

I really like the easy defenses of the FARPs, mostly take dumb bombs there. Any chance for more targets like that? Was thinking about some kind of TA outside of the airfields, that if cleaned & captured, it would start restocking destroyed friendly units on airfields.

To my next point, I think the defense system with the transport (while surely neat!) is very much flawed. The weaker side (CAP wise) is going to need air defenses more than the other side, but will have no chance of defending their transports.

This really stacks the deck against the already weaker team, more so that there is no repair function -> you are simply not coming back from that.

Generally about the units around airfields: I think they all need to be checked, some units are clearly from pre 2.5 and are so terribly close to tree's / objects that you can only see them from up very high. (Death sentence in this mission^^)

Furthermore there are often situations where ammunition will simply only impact the new collidable tree's. I know, I know, realism blah, units wouldn't drive out into the middle of a field, but please bear with us here while we adjust to 2.5! =)

Been having a lot of fun, see you around all.

P.S. everything just my opinion, no facts here. Fight somebody else! =)

Edited by ApoNOOB

I produced two EWR sites yesterday and the message confirms unpacking of EWR crates but no EWR ever showed up. There should show up a EWR of some type? Right?

Transporting and placing troops is no problem and they show up.

I believe the user-deployed EWRs are invisible but functional.

Today's fixes and updates, post #2 updated.

Fixes

-Refuelling on RED FARPs now can only be accomplished by the ATZ-10 - Fixed

Updates

-Added Patriot system along the Georgian Turkey border to give NATO AWACS same cover as Russian AWACS.

I produced two EWR sites yesterday and the message confirms unpacking of EWR crates but no EWR ever showed up.

Its a bug with certain units being invisible. The team are aware of this and are working on a fix.

The other day I wanted to do some AFAC in A-10C and noticed the captured airfields (atleast) don't have WP rockets to mark. Is this for stabillity or an oversight?
No this is intentional. We have had problems in the past with people abusing the smoke to intentionally try and crash the server. Sadly this is the internet and the word is full of 'interesting' people go out of there way to ruin other people enjoyment.

Yes it has been a while since we retested it however its not really a priority.

While it would be nice to mark targets via smoke, we think that there are now enough platforms in DCS with the ability to laser designate including deployable JTACS by helicopter pilots that its a better option to have the smoke disabled and rely instead on precision LGB to get the job done.

I really like the easy defenses of the FARPs, mostly take dumb bombs there. Any chance for more targets like that? Was thinking about some kind of TA outside of the airfields
This is on the long term plan for Longbow as well as potentially adding more airfields to capture but it will take a lot of work. A lot of work that to be honest I am not to much in a hurry to do at the moment.

It took 12-15 hours a day for 12 days in a row to make Longbow and now I'm looking at Nevada options as well as trying to keep up with bug fixes etc on Caucasus. That said however Longbow is far from finished, I plan to keep bolting bits on as we go along with lots of exciting features and team bonuses such as Apache sweeps of enemy airfields to clear up any deployed infantry units etc... cool stuff! :thumbup:

To my next point, I think the defence system with the transport (while surely neat!) is very much flawed. The weaker side (CAP wise) is going to need air defences more than the other side, but will have no chance of defending their transports.

This really stacks the deck against the already weaker team, more so that there is no repair function -> you are simply not coming back from that.

I'm not having a go at you personally because I know you sort of understand this through our previous conversations..... but..... its not supposed to be fair.

The intention of Longbow was to give clients a different experience every time they are in the server. While the mission objectives are the same the set ups will always be slightly different depending on the coalition balance.

Sometimes there is a close balance and its a fair fight, other times you are heavily outnumbered and essentially have to accept the fact that while that situation continues there is no chance for your coalition to make any sort of positive progress......

What you can do however is try to limit the damage by making it as hard as possible for the enemy to take ground.

I know this isn't fair... but we don't do fair... that's really important for people to remember.

NATO was on the receiving end last night, Red had captured Senaki and were right on the verge of taking Kutaisi. NATO only had around 5 Eagles trying to hold back the advanced and we got smashed to bits for hours... but we held Kutaisi and eventually after 4-5 hours of heavy assault managed to come back and regain ground.

Basically what I am saying is the days of thinking you can join the server and get a 50 / 50 fair fight in a balanced set up is over. Taking part in Longbow is going to mean sometimes you are going to get the crap kicked out of you and you are going to die a lot.

But all good things come to an end and if you fight hard enough for long enough you get the chance to turn the tables, I seen it with my own eyes last night and streamed it all live.

Generally about the units around airfields: I think they all need to be checked, some units are clearly from pre 2.5 and are so terribly close to tree's / objects that you can only see them from up very high. (Death sentence in this mission^^)
I'm not in favour of intentionally moving all the units to make them easier to see, I think this is getting to close to 'easy mode'. The mission is not supposed to be easy or achievable for one aircraft to get everything done, if you can't get a visual or a certain unit, get another aircraft type to try.

Units that are inside or right under tress are a different story and I have done my best to move them all a sensible distance away. But I have also tried to insert myself into that tank / APC / SAM commanders position, I wouldn't park my asset in the middle of a field to get shot, I'd use the cover available to try and protect as many of my flanks as I could so I could focus my SA in a certain direction.

Trees are now a thing just like RW, sometimes there is stuff in the way :)

Furthermore there are often situations where ammunition will simply only impact the new collidable tree's. I know, I know, realism blah, units wouldn't drive out into the middle of a field, but please bear with us here while we adjust to 2.5! =)
Exactly, realism bla! You'll get there bra... I believe!

Now go away, I'm a busy man! ;)

I'm not sure why, but whenever I try to join this server, my video card memory usage goes right up to 8GB and then my driver crashes resulting in me having to re-install the driver.

Any idea?

The memory issue is known to the dev team and they are working on a fix.

Add more air bases to take over [FIXED] wink.gif

Its on the cards, but it will take a lot of time to do, time that I don't have right now, Nevada is planned first then a big upgrade to Longbow.

Any chance of placing a unit at the FARPs transmitting on FM please? So Huey pilots can home in using the AN/ARC-131.
I'll put it on the to do list.
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]