What Are People Doing With CA

CrackerJack

CA is a lotta fun. I converted & modified the A-10C Campaign so I can fly with my bro/friend in their black sharks, when I have to eject or sometimes land I just jump in a tank or AA and help em out! shoot some stuff down or play JTAC for em :thumbup:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they come really that close? I mean snipping a helo at 5km seem a bit too much

Sometimes, when they have only cannons left, they will do risky fly-overs with their attack runs, at least against low threat level targets... I've seen this in some of my test missions... You are right though, it's more like shot-gunning them out of the sky. Only had a few lucky hits at long ranges.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

However I'm curious what are people actually doing with CA. I suspect its MP? I don't see any SP excitement.

I've never tried the MP aspect, but for me pretty much most of it has been SP by either setting up a bunch of planes flying around and the hopping in a Shilka for some anti-air fun, or setting up SAMs and watching them and AI planes fight it out. But other than that I haven't felt any real urge to mess with CA on top of learning all the other modules. I have a feeling there is more under the surface with CA and I'm hoping at some point I can find the time to explore it.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

mh well i dont own CA, but just yesterday, a friend of mine jumped into ground vehicles on our DOW server and marked some targets with red smoke...

hitting those marked targets with your p51, and then watching his vehicle driving around the map was fun.it felt exiting knowing that there is actually a human driving this vehicle...

the possibility to have this in a combat flight sim is great, and i would wish, that they somehow could improve it, so that more people, also non aviation fans would give this a try...of course map details would probably need to be higher, and they would probably need to improve the first person aspect of CA to gain the interest of people...but it would be awesome to fly on a map with human fought ground battles going on beneath you.

mh well i dont own CA, but just yesterday, a friend of mine jumped into ground vehicles on our DOW server and marked some targets with red smoke...

hitting those marked targets with your p51, and then watching his vehicle driving around the map was fun.it felt exiting knowing that there is actually a human driving this vehicle...

the possibility to have this in a combat flight sim is great, and i would wish, that they somehow could improve it, so that more people, also non aviation fans would give this a try...of course map details would probably need to be higher, and they would probably need to improve the first person aspect of CA to gain the interest of people...but it would be awesome to fly on a map with human fought ground battles going on beneath you.

You just painted the picture of exactly what I'd like to see CA become. Even if you don't have a player in each tank (or multiple people in each one), having a human players commanding a vehicle group on the map and shooting it out with others doing the same would be a great thing to see. Especially when flying a chopper, as you can sneak up on a player who isn't high in SA, but you aren't going to do the same thing to an AI group.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

So I joined a server that had CA slots on the other team. I jumped in a Leopard tank, took out a FARP, dodged concentrated airstrikes from several player jets, and destroyed three player helicopters (2 Mi-8s and 1 ka-50) with my main cannon on my way to the enemy airbase. I was finally destroyed by a missile when two Su-25Ts lined up attack runs on me from opposite sides simultaneously so I couldn't get behind a building. I think at least 5 multistory buildings got completely leveled as they were trying to destroy me, and I made it about 2/3 of the way to capturing the enemy base.

And then the track file was messed up so no screenshots.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tried a server with CA slots. Drive some tanks but then suddenly connection interrupted. Then i cant find same server again. Did i make server crash? There was around 8 people playing it :(.

But after that i joined another server. I drive tank with another guy in a city. Some KA_50 attacked on us and destroyed my T-50. Then i jump into BTR and damaged him and make him ran away. Then out of nowhere a KH-29 killed me.

To be honest i really enjoed CA and it has really much potential. Cant wait for another patch for it.

"Let my armies be the rocks, and the trees, and birds in the sky"

Unfortunately CA is very broken within MP. Although we would love to run it on our servers we don't as with a lot of other features such as triggering. The instability becomes so great that it crashes the mission and sometimes the server.

Its my hope that ED will actually spend some time on this because I believe it changes the dynamic of sim play making it more fluid much like a real battlefield might be.

Unfortunately I don't see this being fixed in the near future. :noexpression:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So a buddy of mine picked up CA as a joke, but we ended up playing a mission on some empty server.

We hopped in two Abrams and SPED down the Inguri at a whopping 40 MPH. Took us ****in 50 minutes to finally reach the first bridge, and then we got stuck on a terrain bug and had to leave.

CA would be much better as a strategical asset. Allowing players to create their own groups at their own discretions instead of the ones given to them by the mission-editor.

Face it, some mission editors are kinda idiots with their groups, AA vehicles will be grouped with static buildings. Tanks with infantry. Makes no damn sense

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

CA makes a difference.

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=96242&stc=1&d=1396666918

rook takes pawn..

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I personally would not mind to pay twice the money they ask for it now if Ed would make this the ultimate AA , MAA and ground warfare sim.

As it is now its more a bit of an unfinished project which is far from complete to play it in multiplayer.

It has so much potential to be a kickass add in this flightsim but hardly used because of the above reason and reasons other people having.

That's why I did not bother to buy it yet.:dunno:

My 2 cents

• 2 weeks later...

you are right this must be a bug... as ground commander, you lost the ability to take control over AI aircraft - but as gamemaster you have the ability!

Edit: i have post it in the Bug Report: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2047399#post2047399

Edited by mwd2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

It has so much potential to be a kickass add in this flightsim but hardly used because of the above reason and reasons other people having.

Hopefully we will have trees as 3D objects with EDGE.

AI watching/firing through trees is for operating ground units some kind of a gamebreaker (already uncomfortable for helo pilots).

That feature alone would be a big step forward for CA.

I use it together with FC3 as a kind of Batllefield II pro. I really like the 3D-models. Normally I design a complex air-land mission and then I junp into tanks, planes etc to try to influence the outcome.

Not really a DCS style approach, but big fun!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

A guy in our squadron created a mission where he was in a role of the Game Master. He was also doing all the ATC and ground units voices using morphing software. IMHO it was the best game experience ever. You have to have some acting and directing skills to do it right, next to the game skills. The ability to talk to the ground units instead of just listening to messages puts the game up on a different level.

Here's video from the mission:

A guy in our squadron created a mission where he was in a role of the Game Master. He was also doing all the ATC and ground units voices using morphing software. IMHO it was the best game experience ever. You have to have some acting and directing skills to do it right, next to the game skills. The ability to talk to the ground units instead of just listening to messages puts the game up on a different level.

Here's video from the mission:

That was a stunning video, one of the best videos I've seen showcasing the experience you can have with DCS. Liked and subscribed!

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

CA would be much better as a strategical asset. Allowing players to create their own groups at their own discretions instead of the ones given to them by the mission-editor.

Face it, some mission editors are kinda idiots with their groups, AA vehicles will be grouped with static buildings. Tanks with infantry. Makes no damn sense

So what I think am reading here is a volunteer offer to create some new quality mission content for the community.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]