Marketing Push?

Bloodhound57

When do you think the marketing push will begin for the Tomcat? With the F/A-18 nearing release and rumors of the Tomcat being nearly complete, it seems like we are going to have an interesting summer!

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

There is no way anyone can answer that with anymore than a guess. We all expect to see the Tomcat this year and most expect this summer, maybe 3-4 months after the Hornet. If it was sooner then all the more awesome. Don't want to get on the hype for hype's sake though. Lets just wait till they show us something.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

When HB decide to kick it off.

Thanks for the insight! Wow.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Glad you appreciate it!

Here's another for you:

Did you know bears defecate in woods?

The real question is, does he know where the bear @$!&'s in the woods?

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

just from a pure buisness standpoint:

it would be foolish to release the F14 close to the F18s early access and compete for customers money.

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

it would be foolish to release the F14 close to the F18s early access and compete for customers money.

Agreed.

I used to think that way, but I've changed my opinion on it. For some of the lessor profile modules this is certainly true. For the high profile F-14 I doubt it. Not to mention its not a limited sale, and the decline in sales can be attributed in part to the decline of advertising. The module isn't re-sold to customers. It just sits there. Marketing stops at release day, and perhaps that's the rub. Will there be a portion of money that is split should both aircraft release at the same time? Surely. Would that affect if someone buys a particular aircraft at all? Would a potential customer only purchase the aircraft day one, and that's it, they never buy the other aircraft the following month, or next two months?

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...they never buy the other aircraft the following month, or next two months?

that pretty much depends on the Modules and the customers prefrences. In my case i.e. it looks as follows.

I purchased the Hornet because I knew there´ll be lots of space between the bug and the following two for me even more favourised Modules to come which is the Tomcat and the Phantom. As I purchased the Hornet just to have it and because its a cool bird, I rather would like to have the Phantom and the Tomcat now. So in case of a close by close release I´d definately purchase the Tomcat today and the Phantom the next month, or vice versa...but of course, just taken my self into that example :D.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

that pretty much depends on the Modules and the customers prefrences. In my case i.e. it looks as follows.

I purchased the Hornet because I knew there´ll be lots of space between the bug and the following two for me even more favourised Modules to come which is the Tomcat and the Phantom. As I purchased the Hornet just to have it and because its a cool bird, I rather would like to have the Phantom and the Tomcat now. So in case of a close by close release I´d definately purchase the Tomcat today and the Phantom the next month, or vice versa...but of course, just taken my self into that example :D.

I think a lot of people would have similar opinions. In the end, you still would have purchased them, regardless of their release order. This is why my opinion that a lack of spacing between modules constitutes a lack of sales. If the F-14 and F-18 released in the same week, people who were going to buy both, will still buy both, just not at the same time, or maybe at the same time for the truly addicted, lol.

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is a very 1 dimensional analysis. If Heatblur needs cash flow, then pre-order would come sooner rather than later. There are market forces to which we are not privy at work, making speculation rather pointless. It's ready when it's ready is the only answer.