CA First Impressions/Questions

KaspeR32

I was the complete opposite,when I first saw the price I thought it was £30.00,

I then noticed it was in $-dollars which is £19.99,

What really can you buy these days for this kinda cash? = not very much at all.

I remember a post a little while back asking that we should have to pay more for some of the aircraft which I disagreed with as they pretty have it spot on with the pricing system.

Also when you saw what Bohemia asked for their flop "take on Hinds" =£10.99 or $17.00,

I know what I would chose.

Well worth the cash here folks,buy it you wont be dissapointed in the long haul,

cheers,

Mick. :thumbup:

Edit: I am currently unemployed due to a work injury and I can tell you money is very,very tight at the present,but I did not hesitate to buy as I know for this price I am going to have many,many hours of fun and with the sure to come updates and patches we are in for one hellava ride.

Mick.

Wallet empty too after splashing out on a great P51D, only 11 days though to payday or should i say CA day?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combined Arms seems like an after thought of DCS World rather than a highly realistic combined arms simulation on the level of a product the military might actually pay a contract to use. It was something neat the developers could do, but not in line with their business model. Frankly, I'm glad they got it out of their system so that they can focus on what made DCS a success with both the private sector and the military: modern combat aircraft detailed in unparalleled complexity.

I think if it's done right, the benefits are that for those who want to combine air tactics with a human player on the ground, they can have that. At the very least, CA opens the doors to 3rd party people to work to develop more realistic (though perhaps not up to A-10 standards) models of the ground units, giving players who want to chuck a SAM your way something fun to do.

Personally, I'm happy with the development, and as an exclusively offline player, I like how it gives me something to occupy my time while I fly to and from the target, or after I'm shot down. ;)

Like I said, something neat the developers could do with the files that we more or less already had on our computers. But, not in any way a game changer. Just, something fun to do while we wait for the next DCS aircraft. Personally, I'll stick with Company of Heroes when I want to play a tank commander.

Edited by dores893

You miss out so much! Feels so much better with real humans flying.

And if its the fear of Teamspeak (not all servers require that anyways)...don't think there are grumpy people that won't accept you.

In fact mostly they welcome you and let you be if you want.

Often on TS3 servers only a few who want do coordinated team play.

Some just say "hi" and "bye" but you know they are there and can hear your bra and bullseye calls.

And you can share SPI without words! :)

Sometimes just hanging in there and listen can make you learn a lot or just tells you the newest gossip about the DCS scene and modules :D

Edited by Weltensegler

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

You miss out so much! Feels so much better with real humans flying.

And if its the fear of Teamspeak (not all servers require that anyways)...don't think there are grumpy people that won't accept you.

In fact mostly they welcome you and let you be if you want.

Often on TS3 servers only a few who want do coordinated team play.

Some just say "hi" and "bye" but you know they are there and can hear your bra and bullseye calls.

And you can share SPI without words! :)

Sometimes just hanging in there and listen can make you learn a lot or just tells you the newest gossip about the DCS scene and modules :D

i agree on the u miss out, was a fantastic buzz on the virtual battlefield server i was in , i had a human buddy beside us in a m1a2 abrams tanking it up on targets, while a human player was providing air support over head in the a10c.

Some people don't like it bc you can't pause to go to the restroom ... duuh! Its a simulation...you can't pause war :D

• Like 1

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

so me and a few buddies tried this CA out, very pleasantly suprised indeed. providing a different sence of scale to the environment i found myself quite liking what ive always thought to be very basic scenery, the peaks and troughs are just excellent in reality, whilst its quite crude, i definetly enjoyed my first swaray. it will be a blast to get the logitics together and really perform some strategies with others and create that more dynamic an environment.

some CA users in a basic dogfight server would be nice to stop the vultures around the home fields \o/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

swaray..love it...

I think , personally, CA will come into it's own in multiplayer PVE type setups..

Picture this:

Your squad get together on a sat morning for briefing...

mission starts, and people start flying their routes / roles / missions

Squad leader is also CA gamesmaster, and is controlling the opfor RE ACTIVELY to the situation

He can set off triggers than spawn in new (pre placed admittedly) enemies, and set them on their way..

CA enables an "ad hoc" flexibility that was never truly possible before (except with very very complicated trigger setups)

check out the types of scenarios Arma 2 folks are getting up to with this type of control:

I think , personally, CA will come into it's own in multiplayer PVE type setups..

Picture this:

Your squad get together on a sat morning for briefing...

mission starts, and people start flying their routes / roles / missions

Squad leader is also CA gamesmaster, and is controlling the opfor RE ACTIVELY to the situation

That is actually one of the more appealing prospects for potential scenarios. There are quite a few missions already created that would benefit from 1 or 2 opfor commanders to try to throw a wrench into the blue forces plan of attack simply by commanding the enemy ground forces.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

These products ED is making for us are so much fun:thumbup:, and so educational:smartass:

Heck I would have given the $20 just as a tip/donation:D It is just frosting on the cake that I got a playable war game that was conceptualized many years ago and just now because of bust the butt diligence is available for the common guy to use. The price is so cheap we ought to feel embarrassed downloading the software and taking advantage of ED's good nature :P

Thanks ED for making it accessible for us poor boys in this ugly economy:D

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Question for you guys,

I'm sure this has been covered but I've managed to miss it... Can I, as the pilot of the a10 for instance, hit the autopilot than open f10 and control ground units? So far I've only figured out how to do one or the other, fly or command ground units but not both at the same time. (I know a can select a new role, I'm curious about commanding the action from the cockpit)

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

Question for you guys,

I'm sure this has been covered but I've managed to miss it... Can I, as the pilot of the a10 for instance, hit the autopilot than open f10 and control ground units? So far I've only figured out how to do one or the other, fly or command ground units but not both at the same time. (I know a can select a new role, I'm curious about commanding the action from the cockpit)

Not quite - You can only command from the F-10 map if you want to stay in the plane. If you move vehicle the AI takes over the vehicle you left.

Nate

ive no idea what it is about the hind helicopter, when that thing faces you it gives me the creeps, when its shooting you direct, and u can see it coming towards you man that is the most menacing thing ive seen in the skies. wont forget that first encounter in CA, trullly inspiring even at its crude level.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First impression: After reading the documentation I started a couple of SP mission projects. The projects may or may not be released to the public. I must say I’m impressed with CA so far. I do quite a lot of small test missions to isolate different functions and I enjoy the playing so much it’s difficult to get back to the mission editor even if the test is over, I just have to do the last units! So releasing good missions is going to take some time folks :book:

I’ve concentrated on tanks, tank killers, small arms and targeting for now and my oh my is this great. In my mind CA can go a long way in a short time if introduced to the communities that play other tank and SAM simulators.

And for the fact that this is a beta! Except for the SSD bug when installing to existing folder, this is the most stable beta I’ve seen so far. There may be other bugs in the units I have not used yet but I’m very satisfied with this beta. Thanks ED! :thumbup:

(HJ)

[

And for the fact that this is a beta! Except for the SSD bug when installing to existing folder, this is the most stable beta I’ve seen so far. There may be other bugs in the units I have not used yet but I’m very satisfied with this beta. Thanks ED! :thumbup:

(HJ)

Just to clarify - there is no SSD bug - the bug is actually caused by installing to a folder called "DCS World" if it is not in the default directory - it simply must be installed into a folder that is named differently to that.

Nate

Just to clarify - there is no SSD bug - the bug is actually caused by installing to a folder called "DCS World" if it is not in the default directory - it simply must be installed into a folder that is named differently to that.

I keep my sim stuff organised so all my ED sims sit in the root of Eagle Dynamics on my G drive but "DCS World" is a subdir inside that. Affected by the bug?

Well I had some great fun last night plotting units to take a town using one of the updated missions and then jumping in. The tension when approaching a ridge line, knowing there were tanks over the other side, watching my squad become exposed from plotting a little too close the edge and getting destroyed one by one, was awesome! A bit of switching from elevation to sat view in the map was common and needed.

Flanked the town around to the left and picked off a number of arty units from the side, then firing laser guided rockets onto some Bradley's running down the road was really good.

The AI don't seem to see you until a significant part of your tank is exposed which allowed me to peek and shoot without being spotted. Made it a turkey shoot at times. However when I got myself exposed a little too much I was suddenly looking down the barrel of a leopard tank and died.

Had a great time!!

That was just in single player with a slow to react AI opponent. Looking forward to some MP action and having air support taking out units just over the rise, which you know will have you for breakfast if you take a peek, will be great!

Online as Hawk 5