Ability to save the battle state?

Avimimus

Hello,

I was wondering if DCS:Combined Arms will have the ability to save the battle state (positions and orders of troops) part way through a mission.

Ground combat/strategy games tend to take longer than air-combat sorties... unless the scenario is very small I should think that having some form of save function is of critical importance.

Any word on this?

Thanks,

Hello,

I was wondering if DCS:Combined Arms will have the ability to save the battle state (positions and orders of troops) part way through a mission.

Ground combat/strategy games tend to take longer than air-combat sorties... unless the scenario is very small I should think that having some form of save function is of critical importance.

Any word on this?

Thanks,

Considering that CA is part of DCS World, and no other module provides such an option, I don't see it as likely.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

But I think this option is really important. Some time we need a pause and not all the teams have fresh pilots for exchange each other. The only way we can make a big campaing is having a time out. Ok when a team have a high numbers of pilots that could not be a problem.

else I would ask is the possibility to set the units, using the coords on the map editor and the possibility to save the templates and export them. Only like that we can make a battle with high realistic detail and every team can make each own strategy by themselves. When every team finish their units position, then we get a 3° person to set the units of one team inside the battlefield. But to get all that, we need set every tamplate on the right place using coords and heading. So like that we get a really long campaing because we need make a reconnaissance mission first and then to attack but of course we need save the campaing and resume next day.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As commanding ground forces means that (realistically) battles will take a lot more time now, this is something ED should look into, especially when/if they introduce resource-based campaigns.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

As commanding ground forces means that (realistically) battles will take a lot more time now, this is something ED should look into, especially when/if they introduce resource-based campaigns.

I support this idea. :thumbup:

• ED Team
Hello,

Any word on this?

Thanks,

Not with CA 1.0. We actually has this feature in some of our earlier products, but it was very, very prone to failure. We hope to do a more robust system later.

Not with CA 1.0. We actually has this feature in some of our earlier products, but it was very, very prone to failure. We hope to do a more robust system later.

Youre the man !

...just 2cent from me .... think what DayZ did to arma(with the saved gear and the saved position of the player)

Im so FXXXXX sure that it will have the same Impact on the DCS world - That would be the point when ALL the simmers will change to DCS ... includingf the Falcon guys MUAHAHAHAHHA

we get u all :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts