Lock On Platinum

That's great news that UBI will cooperate with the release in outside of US.

Looking forward to own a DVD version even I currently have a Download FC2 verison ;)

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

• ED Team
I live in Spain and i want to buy LOP, wich only will be sell in U.S

Thanks for the answer of coy protection, i don´t read it well.

Greetings

I think in the USA that Amazon.com will be selling LOP. Whether they will ship to addresses outside of the USA will not be known until they start selling.

Your alternative would be to buy Lock On and FC2 from Simware, as I understand that they will be putting a pack together (Do not buy the current pack as it is Lock On and FC1!)

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Good. We need a few patches. Hopefully the borked AI on the runway will be fixed. Don't need Blackjacks and Flankers crashing into hangar walls or crossing the grass for some odd reason, or having Chinooks chop each other to bits before they can even take off. :P

The runway AI is my biggest issue.

Oh, and how there are ghost hills in some regions of Russia. >_> I watched a helicopter land in mid air, several times, after being shot up. I got screenshots of it after it happened several times.

• 2 weeks later...

Lock On: Platinum: New Printed Manual?

Hi all,

Any word on whether we can expect a new printed manual to go along with Lock On: Platinum? I know there's a Flaming Cliffs manual out and I actually have a copy of Nic Cole's LO:MAC manual from years ago, so if one isn't planned, I'd like to suggest one similar to the KA-50 manual that was so incredibly well done. Thoughts?

WR

SimHQ: Lock On Platinum

An Interview with Producer Matt Wagner

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

• 2 weeks later...
Finally an intelligent question.

You got game = you need Steam.

10s of Thousands of Sales instantly.

Steam it's no hassle, no files around don't need to patch and definitely it's a sell booster. In my opinion those are first class sims that need to be there.

Saying this because i need to patch the games and need to restart the whole windows 7 system installation, because i did a second partition, the game is actually in the second partition and refuses to patch pointing to the c:\.

Steam is just a click and u got the patched game.

Eagle should defo be trying to get both the sims on steam.

What does this mean?

Currently, if you want to add a non-existant aircraft - say you make a Eurofighter mod - you have to replace one of the flyables. So with the mod installed you might get the eurofighter but no Eagle anymore.

A "blank slot" would be a slot for a playable aircraft that is "blank" - no aircraft in it. In this case you could insert your Eurofighter mod into one of the "blanks" and thereby not be forced to replace the Eagle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got last 2 LOP from Amazon

I do not know how I missed the DVD release date for LOP. Got lucky my friend and I got the last 2 copies amazon had till new shipment comes in. I was waiting for the release so I didn't have to dig out all my disc for lock on. I love making missions for my friends and I. I fly chopper and he loves fixed wing. So this should get really fun now.:pilotfly:

Can someone who already owns LOP make a review what is in the box (photos), and how it installs (screenshots)?

I already own FC2, but maybe I will grab this one. Does it need DVD all the time in to play it?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I have hoped for a single DVD and single installer. Let me know, thx.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

shamandgg: I do not have the ability to give you pics right now (not at my comp at home), but I installed the game last night and can tell you what is included.

when you get the game it comes in regular DVD case (the art work for the game is a box that goes around the case though, not over the case itself.) When you open the case on the right hand side is one disk that contains LOMAX. On the Left hand side is a very thin install guide (more on that in a min.) and under that is another DVD that contains Lock On Flaming Cliffs 2.

The only thing the thin install guide tells you is how to install the game and it explains about the stripped down star-force disk protection system. Specifically that you get 8 activations and 10 deactivation for the game (if you want more info on that let me know and I will be glad to tell you what I understand about it). From what I can understand the LOMAC does not need to be activated. If you don't want to use Flaming Cliffs 2 then you can just play LOMAC after installing it. I have also heard you can uninstall LOMAC after installing Flaming Cliffs 2 but I have not tried it yet. Both disks can be installed to different directories, so it could be true.

As for install: you install LOMAC first (you don't need to launch it, just install it) then put in the Flaming Cliffs 2 disk and install it. After this you can run Flaming Cliffs 2. The first time you go into a mission you are asked to activate your copy (I used a quick mission from the main menu the first time I ran it just to get this part over with). There is a CD Key provided on the back of the install guide that you must enter. When this is done, the protection in the game takes a snap shot of your hardware setup for your computer, and unless something changes to this (new operating system, new hard drive, ect...) you do not need to worry about activating it again, or using the disk while playing.

Does this give you the answer you are looking for? I can not give you a comparison of a non platinum install to the platinum install because this will be the first time I have ever played the game (and in fact, have not yet actually played it, just installed it) If there is anything else I can pass on to you please let me know.

Here ya go. If you are running OS vista or Win7 is best to install it to its own folder example(C:\Eagle Dynamics\Flaming Cliffs 2) same goes for Lock On itself.

1. install lock on

2. install FC2 and yes you will have to activate FC2 only.

then download newest patch then install if you want. I will tell you this any profile you had for your controller will need to be redone. Some of the keys have been remapped to different buttons.:pilotfly:

PS no cd needed after install.

?ui=2&ik=edae681982&view=att&th=12a250ee5f0c8be5&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1342724599082762334-1&zw