Red Flag Round 1/2018 - Aggressor PvP

IronMike

Thank you again to Ironmike and team for organizing this event! We had a fantastic time darting around trying to grab pilots whilst dodging R73s and gun runs from the vultures overhead! Scored 3 kills and one probable kill whilst flying the Gazelle, and witnessed the Mi-8 score a gun kill on an SU-27 who got a bit too close!

We hope the wait wasn't too bad for the pilots who got shot down and we were glad to be of service to those who got rescued :) Hope your pilot's sunburn wasn't too bad Coxy, sorry it took so long to get to you!

Looking forward to the next event :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How did 104th Knight know this was Microvax?

We've been flying for so long we can tell who it is we are fighting against just by the way they are flying their aircraft. ;)

If its a Mirage..... going mach 2+ ... coming at you from 50,000ft+ ... it's MicroVAX :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Tacview

It was a great challenge and I enjoyed the rumble as always. Thanks for all and especially the 104th for their effort put into this to bring this fun to the community!

May I ask if the Tacview-file can be posted for download. I would really like to see what happened and enhance my skills. Cheers!

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

Yes, it was very interesting event for strikers :joystick:

First take off, climbing at 16000 ft, long flight on 200 kts, searching for targets, beam to target, then kaboooom!

Second take off, climbing at 16000 ft, long flight on 200 kts, searching for targets, beam to target, then kaboooom!

Third take off, climbing at 16000 ft, long flight on 200 kts, searching for targets, beam to target, then kaboooom!

P.S. My microphone died right after event. I even couldn't speak in briefing :megalol:

Quick question; (I don't own the F15 so excuse my ignorance) How did 104th Knight know this was Microvax?

With having a small community it is very easy to pick out stand out tactics that some use, you will see this on a regular basis in servers and be able to recognise profiles of the individuals you're facing.

A majority of experienced players use altitude and speed to be able to maintain an advantage over opponents for surprise and escape. Knowing which players like to do this and comparing with your list of opponents its not hard to highlight the likely guy in the spaceship.

I think I can safely say everyone on the Red team could tell when Microvax was coming but on occasion not all saw him coming.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Or anyone who has DCS youtube channel streaming or uploading their gameplay actually risking their tactics to be exposed and exploited lol.

It happened to me in a session where I've been killed over and over and over again by the same guy. Eventually I saw his channel in youtube and learn his tactic and eventually developed my own tactic when I knew i was fighting him. Well the revenge was very well served :D

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

With having a small community it is very easy to pick out stand out tactics that some use, you will see this on a regular basis in servers and be able to recognise profiles of the individuals you're facing.

Yeah got it from Mavs post cheers.

Use this train of thought on some pilots I regularly fly with on ACG Cold War.

Just didn't think of it in this instance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Am I famous now ?! ;DD

Apart from that I did generate tacview from ironmikes and my tracks, the servertrack was, unfortunately, in good DCS tradition, corrupted.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KkTagtHqxbS1Bji0HZj10JVnguh8cnqD/view?usp=sharing

There is some nickname errors and the usual stuck in the air disconnects but that was as good as i got it basically.

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Am I famous now ?! ;DD

Apart from that I did generate tacview from ironmikes and my tracks, the servertrack was, unfortunately, in good DCS tradition, corrupted.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KkTagtHqxbS1Bji0HZj10JVnguh8cnqD/view?usp=sharing

There is some nickname errors and the usual stuck in the air disconnects but that was as good as i got it basically.

S!

Thanks dude :thumbup:

You were always famous in my eyes ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]