Virtual flight instructor / flight data monitoring

HWasp

Hi!

I think for this module to succeed in the future, it would be extremely important to establish objectives to the player and some form of competition in the multiplayer environment. This competetiveness is one of the main driving forces of any combat simulation or game.

In my opinion, most of the flight sim community (including me) is not really familiar with professional level aerobatics. Everyone can do the basic maneuvers and not die (mostly), but doing them with an accuracy required in a real world competition / flight training is rare.

If I would ever buy this module I would want it to teach me something. Teach me professional aerobatics in this case. (This should be a study sim after all).

For this I would need a very thorough documentation about the different maneuvers and their execution. This should be and extension to the flight manual.

There should also be an easy way included, to create Aresti charts (the maneuver sequence) and to present them to the virtual pilot via kneeboard.

The most important part would be to create a flight data monitoring system ingame, that would make some kind of feedback available for the accuracy of the execution.

A virtual flight instructor connected to this flight data monitoring could be a valuable tool to improve the flying skills, if implented correctly. It should point out inaccuracies, flight safety issues (like going below the minimum altitude for the display), exceeding aircraft limitations.

I would't think of anything overly complicated, just some kneeboard based thing that would provide me feedback or even some kind of scoring.

I have no idea if these thoughts are possible to implement in this form, but I think steps should be made in this direction to provide something to the buyers that would keep them flying this aircraft and other possible unarmed planes (Yak-52).

Off topic but I must point it out:

That youtube video you released, should be removed ASAP. It really does not meet the quality standards in my opinion (low framerate footage, etc.). If you cannot make a better one for any reason, just stick to the screenshots for now.

This post was driven by my mad love for the Mig-21 and the whish for it's creators to succeed. Good luck.

Edited by HWasp

Great idea!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Cool idea! In-game reviewing tool and/or instructor would be great. However, I think that Tacview is so popular that they won’t bother (even though I’ve found it inconvenient to consistently setup and use)

PC spec: i9 9900KS @ 5.1ghz, 32GB RAM, 2 TB NVME M2, RTX 3090

Peripherals: TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Rift S, Custom UFC

Cool idea! In-game reviewing tool and/or instructor would be great. However, I think that Tacview is so popular that they won’t bother (even though I’ve found it inconvenient to consistently setup and use)

Not to derail the thread but what could be more convenient than Tacview? It's just so easy to use. Even has the highlight/marker hotkey.

On topic though, it could be great so that Tacview could be used in realtime, but I guess that would hit some ED engine limitations. Or maybe not.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat