Game will not launch from steam

Drubeard

I have tried everything, verifying the integrity of the cache, unistalling, deleting all folders, reinstalling, installing on different drives, GPU is updated, have reinstalled steam, reverted to all availible beta's, and the game will still not launch, clicking play game will result in steam displaying it as "Running" for about 4 seconds,but no window will open at all, then it will act as if never opened on Steam.

Any solutions?

• 2 weeks later...
I have tried everything, verifying the integrity of the cache, unistalling, deleting all folders, reinstalling, installing on different drives, GPU is updated, have reinstalled steam, reverted to all availible beta's, and the game will still not launch, clicking play game will result in steam displaying it as "Running" for about 4 seconds,but no window will open at all, then it will act as if never opened on Steam.

Any solutions?

same here :(

dcs world 2.5.3. OB start screen appears for 2 seconds (700 MB loading approx) and quit :cry:

in the saved games folder it use DCS folder but no error report in the log file, no crash file

(earlier 2.5.0. OB-Steam worked well, current non-steam-OB 2.5.3. runs well)

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Any solutions?

▲ any idea why the steam version does not start ? :dunno:

sign-pic4.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
You must uninstall any mods.

I have no mods in my DCS-Steam, and i had no mods in my first DCS-Steam version (2.5.0) as well what worked perfectly.

So what i see the problem is Steam does not generate (re-generate) all required files in the Saved Games folder.

I just updated today to the latest Steam-DCS-openbeta (2.5.5.34864) and the used Saved Games/DCS folder still deficient. (there are the latest log file with the today-update date and time but no fxo, metashader and config files)

Unfortunately Steam-DCS-openbeta uses the same "Saved Games/DCS" folder as the ED-DCS-nonbeta version, maybe that caused the problem earlier.

Anyway, someone please send me a copy of your current 2.5.5.34864-OB "Saved Games/DCS-Steam" folder. (AMD GFX card: no addon modules - only the vanilla Steam modules: Caucasus+Su-25T+TF-51D)

Please gimme a try, a chance to fix my DCS-Steam.

TY

sign-pic4.jpg