MS Force Feedback 2 no center force.

Gun Jam

Im having issue with my MSFFB2 not providing any feedback with the f14

It works on all other planes but sometimes doesn't initialize a restart of DCS usually solves the problem but I havent had it work at all yet in the f14 even after a few restarts. Nobody likes the fly with a limp stick it makes it quite tricky

is this a known issue anyone have any input?

Thanks

-Gun

I just disable the FF effects via the registry, which gets me back the return to center force on my MS FFB 2. Otherwise I get the limp joystick effect sometimes with BoX, CoD, and DCS.

All I really want is that return to center force, so for me it's worked great. Here's the steps (works on Win 7 and 10 for me) if you want to try (if you don't like it, you can always change the permissions back to Allow and you're back the way you were:

- Open the registry editor (click the "Start" Windows icon at the left of the start bar at the bottom of the desktop and type "regedit" in the text box marked "Search programs and files").

- Navigate to the following "hive" via expanding the folders under "Computer" on the left pane:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/MediaProperties/PrivateProperties/Joystick/OEM/VID_045E&PID_001B/OEMForceFeedback

- Once you see the "OEMForceFeedback" folder, right-click on it and click "Permissions.."

- You should see "Everyone" under the "Group or user names" - left click on it to highlight it, then under "Permissions for Everyone" click the check box under "Deny" and to the right of "Full Control"

- Click OK

- Close the registry editor

Now If I were to do this I would have no FF for any of my planes just center tension? The FF for the P51 is a significant benefit. Flying the p51 without FF is much much more difficult.

Thank you for the help!

That's correct. So it may not be for everyone. However, it's an old stick that isn't really supported, so I don't expect the FF to work much anyway, but without the return to center the stick is useless. So I'm good with just being able to use it for all my sims without having to worry about the tension.

As mentioned, you can always try it and see if you can at least fly the F-14, then if you want to get the FF back just check Allow instead of Deny and you're golden.

Now If I were to do this I would have no FF for any of my planes just center tension? The FF for the P51 is a significant benefit. Flying the p51 without FF is much much more difficult.

Thank you for the help!

they will implement a basic ffb center force with the next patch. until then, i would recommend to use simffb.exe for the f-14. i would not recommend to fiddle with the registry settings, as this as you already assumed will kill all the ffb effects for the other planes.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2419366&postcount=152

Edited by birdstrike