Su-33 - thrust problem?

I took the Su-33 for a spin just to have a go at air-to-air refueling with it and found it didn't have enough thrust to stay in the air even with full afterburner. I was using air-start, so I figured I'd try starting on the ground/hangar so I attempted to take off and the most she would do is 180kph with full after-burner. I thought maybe it was my throttle (X-52), but I jumped in other aircraft like the Su-27, M-2000C, F-15C... seems OK, no issues.

Anyone else experiencing the woefully under-powered Su-33 lately?

I have had that problem for ages, its only on ground. If you start in air its ok...

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

OK, I was wondering if it was just me. Seems like a pretty significant bug.

Zweistein000, the load out seems very much the same as the Su-27, which also can't carry the R-77.

Fab, even with an air start there's not enough thrust. With afterburners on it seems like the engines are idling. Leaving the afterburners on you will still eventually run out of air and crash as there's still hardly any thrust.

I've been able to fly the Su-33 without issues from both ground and air start before, so this is definitely a bug introduced in an update.

OK, I was wondering if it was just me. Seems like a pretty significant bug.

Zweistein000, the load out seems very much the same as the Su-27, which also can't carry the R-77.

Fab, even with an air start there's not enough thrust. With afterburners on it seems like the engines are idling. Leaving the afterburners on you will still eventually run out of air and crash as there's still hardly any thrust.

I've been able to fly the Su-33 without issues from both ground and air start before, so this is definitely a bug introduced in an update.

... SO I notice. Wasn't R-77 designed to be launched from Su-27, Mig-29 and Su-33?

Sure, as long as you launch it from much more modern versions of those aircraft than the ones simulated in the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No problems for me either. The Su-33 accelerates and flies well on my system. It even takes off from a runway w/o using afterburner.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Wow, I'm stumped then. I did have success when I joined a squad mates' server last night. I joined as a client and jumped into an Su-33 and it seemed normal. I was able to accelerate down the runway and take off, no issues.

However, when I tried again today offline (i.e. single player mission) or multiplayer (I was the server/host), I saw the same thing - going full afterburner got me ~200kph max toward the end of the runway and I exploded when I tried to pull up.

Can you please Attach the missions and any track files to be analyzed, thank you.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs