Bf 109G and Fw 190A's - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-22-2018, 04:59 PM   #61
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegOhm_SD View Post
Risky OT but I cant recall much at this age...
But I wonder if the AI behavior (not DM) will eventually be addressed?
Um you know... the so called UFO flight characteristics...
AI improvements have been ongoing. DM again should help with that in many cases.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:28 PM   #62
Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
AI improvements have been ongoing. DM again should help with that in many cases.

I don’t follow!!! how will AI behavior be improved with a new DM? Granted a new DM will definitely help all around. However, the current AI behavior reminds me of sex, just a bunch of up and down, up and down. AI makes max climb that the player can’t then comes back down. Then this replays over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:34 PM   #63
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
I don’t follow!!! how will AI behavior be improved with a new DM? Granted a new DM will definitely help all around. However, the current AI behavior reminds me of sex, just a bunch of up and down, up and down. AI makes max climb that the player can’t then comes back down. Then this replays over and over.

Currently a damaged AI aircraft will continue to fly and fight like nothing is wrong, it should be impacted by damage more when this is all said and done.

As for your analogy, perhaps you are doing both DCS and sex wrong
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 02-22-2018, 05:36 PM   #64
Campbell

Default Bf 109G and Fw 190A's

Haha I just had a baby so I think I have the sex part down . As far as DM yes I agree. But I don’t think the original question about “AI behavior” was intended for what happens after you shoot it, I think he was referring to the AI behavior in general as in how it chooses to fight and evade.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:39 PM   #65
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Haha I just had a baby so I think I have the sex part down . As far as DM yes I agree. But I don’t think the original question about “AI behavior” was intended for what happens after you shoot it, I think he was referring to the AI behavior in general as in how it chooses to fight and evade.

I know AI is being looked at, so I hope all aspects will be tweaked at some point...
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 02-22-2018, 05:40 PM   #66
Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
I know AI is being looked at, so I hope all aspects will be tweaked at some point...

That would be great! I would like a new DM like yesterday, the AI can come later. But that’s just me!

Old 02-23-2018, 09:43 PM   #67
Solty

Quote:
That would be great! I would like a new DM like yesterday, the AI can come later. But that’s just me!

Not just you.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 05:37 PM   #68
Zimmerdylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
Yeah, ED really made a mistake building those variants of the FW190 and BF109. And as this guy says, just AI atm. Once AI get smart, it should probably be as good as fighting an actual person. Then we can combat variants of the 109 and 190 that are more accurate and suitable.
I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. AI isn't going to get much smarter than it is now for any flight sim in the foreseeable future. DCS isn't the only simulation software with this issue. It's not solvable at this point. Giving AI any real ability above what's already been given them will take enormous resources from your computer. That's not likely to change any time soon. People get so frustrated with AI in DCS but I have to say that DCS does a better job than most with their AI development.
Zimmerdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:40 PM   #69
KorovaMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmerdylan View Post
I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. AI isn't going to get much smarter than it is now for any flight sim in the foreseeable future. DCS isn't the only simulation software with this issue. It's not solvable at this point. Giving AI any real ability above what's already been given them will take enormous resources from your computer. That's not likely to change any time soon. People get so frustrated with AI in DCS but I have to say that DCS does a better job than most with their AI development.
I disagree with your assessment. I've can't recall ever seeing an AI before where the rules of flight didn't apply to them. That was much better in games like IL2 and CFS. That's the core issue with DCS AI, as far as I can see. Now if you are simply referring to their ability to think and choose proper tactics, then yes, I don't expect significant improvement. AI in pretty much every flight sim can't hold a candle to the tactical decision making of a human.
KorovaMB is offline   Reply With Quote