New damage model - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-18-2016, 02:34 PM   #1
bart

Question New damage model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racoon View Post
Yes. We have a plan to make special version of the Mustang for Europe 44-45. It’s production will start after Spitfire will be complete.
Thanks to remind me about new pilot's suit.

New damage model is in production now. When the system itself will be ready we'll start to make new component models for every plane (WWII at least).
Great news.........

Very much looking forward to the new damage model.

One question Racoon if I may, will the Spitfire have the new component model on release or will that come at a later date and at the same time as the rest of the WWII fleet?

Lots to look forward to on the DCS WWII front then.......awesome news.

These little updates and snippets of info keep us going, many thanks for sharing what you can with us
i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift CV1.

.....................................................................................................................................................
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:01 PM   #2
Racoon
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
One question Racoon if I may, will the Spitfire have the new component model on release or will that come at a later date and at the same time as the rest of the WWII fleet?
It's complicated. We kept current DM for Spitfire just in case. New DM is too different from the current one. So I'm not sure would be fair to release only one plane with it. Or we should wait for simultaneous release of new DM for all 4 WWII fighters. Fortunately components model for new DM doesn't take long time to create.
Racoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:24 PM   #3
bart

Quote:
It's complicated. We kept current DM for Spitfire just in case. New DM is too different from the current one. So I'm not sure would be fair to release only one plane with it. Or we should wait for simultaneous release of new DM for all 4 WWII fighters. Fortunately components model for new DM doesn't take long time to create.
Thanks for your answer, much appreciated.

I agree, makes much more sense to wait and have a simultaneous roll out of the new DM for all 4 fighters, that way no unfair advantages on either side.
i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift CV1.

.....................................................................................................................................................
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:28 PM   #4
kontiuka
ED Translator

Quote:
Yes. We have a plan to make special version of the Mustang for Europe 44-45. It’s production will start after Spitfire will be complete.

New damage model is in production now. When the system itself will be ready we'll start to make new component models for every plane (WWII at least).
Can we get a bit of insight on how the new damage model will differ from the current one? Or is that still top secret?
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:53 PM   #5
HornedGod

Quote:
I think I must be dreaming. Woohooo!

Just the fact that it is currently in development is great. Fingers crossed that it is tagged as a high priority and won't get sidelined for other stuff

Last edited by HornedGod; 07-18-2016 at 03:56 PM.
HornedGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:01 PM   #6
Solty

Quote:

Thank you Racoon. That is great news. Much apreciated. Oh and I will allow myself to attach this link to my .50cal ammo research topic, maybe it can help with DM modeling in some way:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143224

Quote:
I agree that Damage Model should be given to all airplanes at the same time to create the sense of integrity and do not bring unneeded gaps in value, good step.

Thanks Racoon.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:28 PM   #7
Charly_Owl

Quote:

I hope that the WWII-centric 3rd Parties like VEAO are kept in the loop too. The DM updates will certainly apply to their aircraft (P-40F, Wildcat and Spitfire Mk XIV to name a few) as well.
Charly_Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:38 PM   #8
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly_Owl View Post
I hope that the WWII-centric 3rd Parties like VEAO are kept in the loop too. The DM updates will certainly apply to their aircraft (P-40F, Wildcat and Spitfire Mk XIV to name a few) as well.
I am sure they will, but will be up to 3rd Parties to apply as they see fit. Although I could see it becoming the standard for all if its as good as I hope it will be
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:45 PM   #9
Yo-Yo
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly_Owl View Post
First of all, we hope that undamaged FM of 3rd Parties will meet the requirements of DCS standards...
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:09 PM   #10
Merlin-27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
First of all, we hope that undamaged FM of 3rd Parties will meet the requirements of DCS standards...
Yo-Yo has thrown down the gauntlet.

It's good to know that tenacity is still there. It sounds to me like the 3rd parties are doing their very best to rise to the occasion.

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4
Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access
Merlin-27 is offline   Reply With Quote