Steam PrePurchase

MSM

As I understand it, steam does have a prepurchase mechanism. Is there any chance that ED modules that are being offered as prepurchase on the ED store might be offered on steam using that mechanism? It is a little frustrating seeing things like the hornet and the Persian gulf map being offered as pre purchase, which I assume offers some benefit to ED by way of revenue/market info, but not being able to commit to the pre purchase myself because I am on the steam platform. The popular ‘drop steam’ suggestion doesn’t really work for me. :)

What usually happens (L-39C, SA-342M, M-2000C, AV-8B) on Steam is an early purchase/release discount for a couple of days after release (as Steam users don't have access to the pre-purchase discount in ED's store).

IMHO it's very likely the same will happen for the Hornet, however none of the DLC maps have been discounted on release - so a 'release' discount on the Persian Gulf Map is unlikely.

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/prepurchase

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks Ramsay, Now I think about it, I did catch this for the av8b. Thanks for the reminder. Hope they consider giving the gulf map a brief initial discount to balance the lack of prepurchase on steam. I just thought ED might gain some benefit for themselves if they did support actual pre purchase on steam.