GAZELLE CAMPAIGN PRE EVALUATION

CHPL

:helpsmilie:

Creating a campaign is a very time-intensive project, especially when you do it the first time. Never made even a single mission for the Gazelle bevor.

After getting direct contact with the guys from Polyshop and a few insides about the actual bugfixes and improvements, we start thinking about it more seriously.

In the case of the Gazelle, it would be more a project for the community than for our personal demands, but we still have our own high expectations.

So we like to ask you first about your needs and your expectations.

Please take Part on our ONLINE SURVEY :smartass:

https://www.survio.com/survey/d/J1K1R3I4R4O9L7H1K

Thanks for taking part and spending some time answering up to 9 questions. :thumbup:

We use the free version of "survio"

https://www.survio.com/de/

Which is limited to 100 participants per month. If you are not able to participate at the moment, it will be related to this constraint. So please try it a few weeks later again because your feedback is important to us.

Wow !! :megalol:

Many thanks for all the feedback / We opened up the survey to 1000 participants for the coming 4 Weeks

Many, many thanks to all for this Pro Gazelle statement. :thumbup:

We also appreciate any ideas about missions and tasks for a possible Gazelle Campaign.

You may post your ideas right here in this Thread. :pilotfly:

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

If you could create a video teaser of how such a mission might play-out. That might create some excitement around the idea.

Maybe in 2020, depending on the outcome of the survey, we start with a first mission.

Right now it is just planing for possible future projects. :smilewink:

We also need time to get into the Gazelle Triggers und ME tasks first.

But if we do it, it will be the combination of the Gazelle Campaign and the way we did the UH-1 Worlds Apart campaign.

Always happy landings ;)

UH1, it would be interesting, but a campaign has already been released.

Mi8, there are several campaigns.

Gazelle, there are no campaigns, but focusing on a campaign seems like a slightly counterproductive move.

I would start working on a Kiowa campaign: D

Trying to make one (1 single campaign!) For the gazelle could be a test, but it's better to wait for more important updates, especially for the poor flight model.

At this point, at present, follow the following lineup

1) Mi8

2) UH1 (if the first campaign has had a sales success, I would do only one in the civil sphere, no military role)

3) work in the background and collect material for a future Kiowa campaign

4) collect material and plan a gazelle campaign (but only after major updates)

ps, I have never bought any campaign, because I always fly only in multiplayer.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

UH1, it would be interesting, but a campaign has already been released.

Mi8, there are several campaigns.

Gazelle, there are no campaigns, but focusing on a campaign seems like a slightly counterproductive move.

I would start working on a Kiowa campaign: D

Trying to make one (1 single campaign!) For the gazelle could be a test, but it's better to wait for more important updates, especially for the poor flight model.

At this point, at present, follow the following lineup

1) Mi8

2) UH1 (if the first campaign has had a sales success, I would do only one in the civil sphere, no military role)

3) work in the background and collect material for a future Kiowa campaign

4) collect material and plan a gazelle campaign (but only after major updates)

ps, I have never bought any campaign, because I always fly only in multiplayer.

Many thanks for your feedback.

1. There are already a couple of Mi-8 Campaigns out there and the Mi-8 is a very complex aircraft. Also, the way we build the mission needs a lot of knowledge about the Mi-8 triggers we don't have that at the moment.

2. We would like to do a civil UH-1 Campaign, but there is a lack of civil objects like civil cars. The existing ones are very ugly. :cry:

3. Poyshop will bring out a separate Kiowa Campaign first. Sound promising, so no priority for us at the moment. And we also need a lot of experience with the Module to build a campaign.

4. Gazelle updates are already underway, and the flight model is not that bad in the normal operating ranges. So this is for us, not a k.o. criteria.

ps, If you fly the Huey the Worlds Apart Campaign will be an experience you will never get in multiplayer in concern of story and sens. :pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

Many thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the quick reply, it makes me happy when things are done logically. Congratulations. I see that you have very clear ideas, at this point, bet directly on the campaign for the gazelle. ;)

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Thanks CHPL. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• 2 weeks later...

Survay news November 2019

Many thank's to all already participated at the Survey, we still interested in your oppinion.

Please take Part on our ONLINE SURVEY

https://www.survio.com/survey/d/J1K1R3I4R4O9L7H1K

Thanks for taking part and spending some time answering up to 9 questions.

What is the actual outcome until now?

To keep you informed and maybe motivate you to take part, we release some information any 4 to 5 weeks.

Actual you see the charts for the Gazell Model and the type of mission preferred.

attachment.php?attachmentid=220621&stc=1&d=1572979124

attachment.php?attachmentid=220622&stc=1&d=1572979124

1512498167_WitchGazellModuleyouprefer-balkendiagrammvertikal.jpg.772cb30a26adec77dd24a24219cf9beb.jpg

1318446779_WhatkindofMissionsdoyouprefer_-balkendiagrammvertikal.jpg.19a71fe8882b41356ca4df42fb40f916.jpg

Always happy landings ;)

There are two main reasons why a multiplayer campaign is not on the list.

1. There is no copy protection for multiplayer

2. With any additional player, the complexity of triggers is increasing

3. Until now, from our perspective, there is not really a demand.

With our DISCORD we try to bring pilots together but this seems to be extremely difficult.

Always happy landings ;)

1. Well you can easily take missions from any paid campaign and edit it.

2. Theres lots of experienced mission editors about (SUNSTAG) Is one.

3. DCS community are looking for such a campaign.

SUNTSAG is a very talented mission builder. He also has a HIGH level of integrity. I doubt he would do any editing that would cause copyright issues like opening up a paid campaign to folks who didn’t purchase it.

@COXY_99 "1. Well you can easily take missions from any paid campaign and edit it."

By this you meam that you can edit the missions in a text editor and exchange ai and player positions for clients and such? Thats the way turning a dlc campaign into a coop campaign fairly easily. You can't do this same action in the ME for you can't save dlc campaign missions there.

@CHPL "1. There is no copy protection for multiplayer"

What do you mean by this? I own a bunch of dlc campaigns and i can host those and connect as a client. Are you saying this circumvents the DRM somehow already? Because afaik chaning AI for client via a text editor does not alter the DRM of a DLC mission one bit and protection is still valid and uncompromised.

I for one would love to finally see native coop campaigns and yeah, the trigger part might be more challenging to design, but i imagine well worth the effort. Some dev. will do it eventually, especially if more and more coop modules come out. Might be as well you guys :)

BTW: multi coop in the sense of shared cockpit AMD 2-4 ship flights aka 4-16 human players would be the DEAL!

You assume ill intent where there is non.

First, you can host an untouched DLC mission by simply loading it from its mods/campaigns folder. Whether you can join this mission without owning the DLC i am not sure since my bro and i both own the campaigns. I could test this with a free account though. If it indeed it is as simple as that, than by all means, there ain't any DRM to talk home about anyway.

Additionally, breaking a license could mean; either trying to actively break the DRM protection with various tools or whatnot, OR modyfining the actual product code if said license prohibits that without exception.

If DCS is all about the second issue, than good night to any mods at all.

SUNTSAG is a very talented mission builder. He also has a HIGH level of integrity. I doubt he would do any editing that would cause copyright issues like opening up a paid campaign to folks who didn’t purchase it.

I never said he would........... Please read my post, His youtube tutorials are helpful etc etc etc

Edited by Coxy_99

@COXY_99 "1. Well you can easily take missions from any paid campaign and edit it."

By this you meam that you can edit the missions in a text editor and exchange ai and player positions for clients and such? Thats the way turning a dlc campaign into a coop campaign fairly easily. You can't do this same action in the ME for you can't save dlc campaign missions there

You can edit single missions in ME of campaigns in any case. I do so for screen shots etc

Don't get lost in speculations :lol:

It would be a good idea to open a specific Thread about that multiple player campaign topic.

We know that changes in DLC campaign missions with the mission editor are possible, and we know that nobody intends to brake any rules or to violate any property rights.

But I already build multiplayer missions for the squad and many of the triggers in the ME related to other than the player's aircraft don't work at the moment. The interesting part is they are existing right now.

And as I already said we have doubts about the sense of that.

What is a multiplayer mission? 2 Pilots? 3 Pilots?

The missions mentioned are up to 8 Pilots and we are 10 squad members at the moment, but we never managed it to fly the missions with 8 pilots. Most of the time 3 sometimes 4.

We also tried to organize a multiplayer event based on one of these missions over our DISCORD with now more than 200 members. Different schedules for different timezones but we failed. Flown only 1 mission with 3 Pilots, 1 of them from a different timezone. :cry:

Even free downloadable missions over the ED website or TheFaternetysim.com channel downloaded only in very small, very, very small numbers.

So even if we share your hops, we do actually not believe, that the time and effort necessary is in good relation to the response.

This has nothing to do with copy protection ore sales, we are for sure free and stupid enough to do things just for fun :lol:

Always happy landings ;)

We also tried to organize a multiplayer event based on one of these missions over our DISCORD with now more than 200 members. Different schedules for different timezones but we failed. Flown only 1 mission with 3 Pilots, 1 of them from a different timezone.

At the moment, the community is a bit scattered, not just between modules, spoken languages, servers and timezones, but also comms-types. There is SRS, Discord, Skype, TeamSpeak and various combinations thereof. Maybe with the new DCS integrated VOIP, this disparity may change.

Multiplayer helicopter missions are cool though. Once flew as one of five hueys. Awesome stuff.

The problem of the multiplayer seems to be the time. Even for a cooperative mission of two hours minimum, the players are not in phase. There are always some who are staggered for various reasons and often justified.

Outside the hourly differences and even on a common meridian, to gather more than 3 or 4 people is very difficult because the schedules do not agree.

It seems that DCS has a hard time being other than a sandbox. The multiplayer exists but it does not organized as it could be in a persistent universe like mmo.

In the squadrons the missions revolve around recuring themes which serve only to flatter the ego of the most assiduous players and make the meetings hermetic for the casual player who just wants to have a good time to have fun.

A dynamic campaign is in preparation and it could help to gather more players.

For many years playing mmo (world of warcraft, Starwars old republic) even in this environment players only gather very rarely except on events. Moreover, the programmers of these persistent worlds have made a lot of effort to adapt their games to casual players. They added history,legend, and scenario, to increase the interest of the game.Nothing of all that exists for DCS, in which we can not leave the game for a moment and take it back where we were without disturbing the progress of the mission.

• 4 weeks later...

Just as a suggestion, I firmly suspect that the new free map will be something along the lines of Libya + Egypt, and if that holds true it would be an amazing choice for a Gazelle campaign mimicking Operation Serval and counter-insurgency operations in that region.

But of course we have no idea when it's gonna be released. All I know is that it's a dozen times more suitable than another fictional Caucasus scenario or being locked behind terrain ownership.

• 4 months later...

Survey results

GAZELLE CAMPAIGN SURVEY

*Period of the survey November 11.2019 to February 29. 2020 *

Many thanks to all who took part in this survey. Your opinion is an important help in our decision-making process. :thumbsup:

In the following, you will find the results of the survey as PDF.

Gazelle Survey results.pdf

Always happy landings ;)

Thanks for taking the time to publish the results of the survey .. this is so uncommon, can't recall the last time it happened :)

Some of the user's preferences seem odd to me:

a) The Map .. 90% of the existing Campaigns take place there, I would have tought more people would have chosen the P.Gulf .. myself, I'm sick and tired of the Caucasus :)

b) The Helo ... I feel that a Ka-50 Campaign would have been more popular, as there are many more Ka-50 users than Gazelle users .. maybe the Poll was more directed towards Gazelle users?

But anyway, wish you the best of luck with this new Campaign, and will give me the chance to take again the Gazelle, as it's been a while since my last flight with it.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for taking the time to publish the results of the survey .. this is so uncommon, can't recall the last time it happened :)

Some of the user's preferences seem odd to me:

a) The Map .. 90% of the existing Campaigns take place there, I would have tought more people would have chosen the P.Gulf .. myself, I'm sick and tired of the Caucasus :)

b) The Helo ... I feel that a Ka-50 Campaign would have been more popular, as there are many more Ka-50 users than Gazelle users .. maybe the Poll was more directed towards Gazelle users?

But anyway, wish you the best of luck with this new Campaign, and will give me the chance to take again the Gazelle, as it's been a while since my last flight with it.

Best regards

Thanks for your feedback

a) If you take a second look it is not that surprising.

Everyone has the Caucasus map because she is for free in the DCS basic program and obviously not that many players own the PG or Nevada map as you might think.

Also, the number of possible helicopter campaign customers is smaller than you may expect, which makes it very risky for us to chose a different map.

b) This is simply a personal thing. I do not like the KA-50, so I do not know anything about her systems. But a good understanding of the module is necessary for a good campaign.

But, as or relations to ED is improving, there may be a solution for using other Maps in the future. The basic storyline for a campaign on the PG, as well as on the Nevada map is already in my pocket. :smilewink:

Always happy landings ;)