Carrier ATC question

Harlikwin

So will the new carrier ATC be usable by other ships aside from the SuperCarrier, i.e. the tarawa, kuzenestov, and HB forrestal?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The new carrier atc is specific to US fixed wing carrier procedures. While it should be technically possible, it would not be realistic to have them on the Tarawa or the Kuznetsov, which use different procedures.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

I've heard the new carrier comms while approaching the Tarawa, so I'm hopeful that the new ATC will be applied to other ships.

I've heard it too which is the main reason why I asked.

I'm also presuming the tech for the ATC stuff from the carrier module will be used as the basis for the new "ATC" system down the road.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The new carrier atc is specific to US fixed wing carrier procedures. While it should be technically possible, it would not be realistic to have them on the Tarawa or the Kuznetsov, which use different procedures.

Yeah, I get that IRL they can be different, though I imagine procedure wise, harrier ops on the tarawa have some commonality with the rest of US naval aviation (how to get to the boat), patterns etc. Same for the Kuz, they didn't rewrite the whole playbook on it, probably just adapted what they needed.

At any rate I'm mainly wondering about the forestall.

Yeah, I get that IRL they can be different, though I imagine procedure wise, harrier ops on the tarawa have some commonality with the rest of US naval aviation (how to get to the boat), patterns etc. Same for the Kuz, they didn't rewrite the whole playbook on it, probably just adapted what they needed.

At any rate I'm mainly wondering about the forestall.

Yeah, LHA's and LHD's had LSO's for the Harriers. It would be nice to see that. The are supposed to be able to tell you "Cleared to cross" or "Cleared to Land" or "Expect Heavy Wave off" etc. They also tell you what spot!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

@nineline

Any official comment on how this will work?