need actual runway headings...

fitness88

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It's stuff I've collected from in-game — both the mission editor, the F10 map, and “in-world” sources such as the A-10 CDU and the N430. The ME map is perhaps the most tricky of these since it uses “map north” rather than true or magnetic when calculating headings, and depending on the latitude and width of the map, this can create some fairly large errors along the edges.

For the PG map, I'm probably an update or two behind some of the details since it's still being worked on — if some tower frequencies have changed then please list them and I'll update the chart.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

It's stuff I've collected from in-game — both the mission editor, the F10 map, and “in-world” sources such as the A-10 CDU and the N430. The ME map is perhaps the most tricky of these since it uses “map north” rather than true or magnetic when calculating headings, and depending on the latitude and width of the map, this can create some fairly large errors along the edges.

For the PG map, I'm probably an update or two behind some of the details since it's still being worked on — if some tower frequencies have changed then please list them and I'll update the chart.

I'm also pulling info from F10 and ME but with the Caucasus theatre I used the airfield maps provided by DCS and made a quick snap info sheet [i numbered rw maps 1-21 in kb] which is what I'm doing with the PG.

Some of the altitudes you have posted reads ie. 17 +2'... does this mean there is a range on the runway between 17' and 19'? Thanks.

caucasus runways.jpg

374559499_caucasusrunways.thumb.jpg.36dd10e0ff17caf5ab5137422e60bfdf.jpg

Edited by fitness88

Yes. Any non-flat runway will have its altitude indicated by the north or west end, with a ± to signify the change in altitude at the other end. Of course, for any runway along 045°/225°, it becomes tricky to figure out which one takes precedence. :P

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Yes. Any non-flat runway will have its altitude indicated by the north or west end, with a ± to signify the change in altitude at the other end. Of course, for any runway along 045°/225°, it becomes tricky to figure out which one takes precedence. :P

That's great to know...thanks again!

Is it likely that 045°/225° round down to runway 04°/22° and therefore would be considered a north/south rw for altitude indication purposes?

The coordinates are for the middle of the runway, iirc — they're for finding the airport, not for landing.

As for the altitude headings, no, this is just a convention I picked: primarily north–south, secondarily west-east if I remember my method of measuring relative altitude correctly. No RWY rounding was applied.