Early test of AV-8B Night Attack for DCS.

Zeus67

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to do a Cold and Dark engine start.

All checks prior to engine start where with external power or battery power?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

All checks prior to engine start where with external power or battery power?

They are all quick checks so they can be performed with battery power alone.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Thanks

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Annotated vertical take-off.

Edited by Zeus67

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Looking good Zeus - now I'm looking forward to your next video showing you refueling with that tanker! ;)

I can envision some upcoming tables from virtual pilots showing many of the various combinations of ordinance and fuel adding up to ~20,500 lbs so they can reload at FARPs and perform VTO :D

Edited by 609_Relentov

Very nice, thanks Zeus. Ive been waiting to do just that in DCS for a looooong time!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

The wallet is really going to suffer this year y'know

Yup, with all these awesome modules coming out, I think I'll be poor at the end of the year!

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

• 3 weeks later...

This is a test of the AV-8B NA DMT sensor, the camera at the tip of the nose. I'm using it to do precision bombing without using guided munitions, just plain old MK-82s.

When the entire system is complete I will do an annotated video to explain everything.

• Like 1

Hi,

I think in the video, CCRP is not working as intended. In BMS (F-16C) and DCS A-10C, the vertical line, called ASL or Azimuth Steering Line, works as a kind of Flight Director bar, indicating which direction aircraft should roll to keep the target spot on, and it's always vertical to the horizon. I don't know the exact usage of CCRP in the Harrier but I guess it should be similar to the rest of American aircraft. In the video, ASL behaviour is erratic and for some reason seems to be always "stick" to TD box which doesn't make too much sense.

Regards

• Like 1

Hi,

I think in the video, CCRP is not working as intended. In BMS (F-16C) and DCS A-10C, the vertical line, called ASL or Azimuth Steering Line, works as a kind of Flight Director bar, indicating which direction aircraft should roll to keep the target spot on, and it's always vertical to the horizon. I don't know the exact usage of CCRP in the Harrier but I guess it should be similar to the rest of American aircraft. In the video, ASL behaviour is erratic and for some reason seems to be always "stick" to TD box which doesn't make too much sense.

Regards

The BMS harrier is not an accurate simulation.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The BMS harrier is not an accurate simulation.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I mean BMS F-16C, not Harrier. I use A-10C and BMS as examples because both show similar CCRP mechanics, and more especifically, ASL behaviour.

Regards

Hi,

Regards

YOu are correct and it is my fault. I misread the line on the manual about the ASL. No problem. I will fix it ASAP.

YOu are correct and it is my fault. I misread the line on the manual about the ASL. No problem. I will fix it ASAP.

Cool! Take into account that ASL accounts also the wind; in general, it only crosses the TD box if wind is 0 knots.

Regards