About the controller ANIMATIONS

keem85

Hi guys

I was directed by ED to go here and ask the question. I'll paste what I wrote to them

Hi guys! I have a question about the Huey. This particular aircraft's cyclic, collective and rudder pedals all have a really low fps animation. It's like their animations is portraying 10frps, whilst the rest of the game goes in 90fps. And it is only on the Huey.. I have also asked many other people on forums and Discord if they are experiencing the same, but they say they don't.. Maybe I'm just very nitpicky.

I just want to know if this is a Huey thing. Is the cyclic, collective and rudder animation movement low framerate compared to the other aircraft when you guys play aswell? I'd just like to know, because it's mildly annoying to look at while in VR. Only Huey.

Kim

Additional comment

I've had 2 PC-s with different OS versions. Steam and DCS standalone, beta, alpha and stable. I've seen this on all of them

Is this something that can be answered here?

I honestly doubt that Belsimtek will do anything about this. I also have seen it, but only while doing my flight controls check before startup. When I'm flying, whether in TIR or VR, I'm watching the instruments and what's happening outside, not the controls. The issue doesn't seem to have any affect during operation, so it seems to be a visual effect only. I'd much rather see Belsimtek use its resources to incorporate true multiplayer crew positions as we have in the Gazelle.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Just checked. No any unusual or weird thing on animations on my side.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Just checked. No any unusual or weird thing on animations on my side.

I think it's the slow-motion of the animated stick when you move your physical one that is the issue here. Try do the same as balzarog and move and observe the motion before you stat her up, move it rather fast.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

The controls animation lag for me as well. They are not one to one with the input commands.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

I think it's the slow-motion of the animated stick when you move your physical one that is the issue here. Try do the same as balzarog and move and observe the motion before you stat her up, move it rather fast.

the stick moves slow in this situation because you have no hydraulics.

the same thing happens in the air when the hydraulics get shot off and it aint pretty what happens.

it adds random delay to your control inputs. so your stick moves quick but the huey stick moves slower..

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

the stick moves slow in this situation because you have no hydraulics.

the same thing happens in the air when the hydraulics get shot off and it aint pretty what happens.

it adds random delay to your control inputs. so your stick moves quick but the huey stick moves slower..

Indeed, I understand and agree with you. I don't personally think there is an issue. My comment was more due to a potential misunderstanding. The OP and other in VR experience the slow-motion as a bug, an emersion killer, even if it is an intentional behavior.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

FWIW, I have had this issue too when I used to use a CH Flightstick and it wasn't a hydraulics problem. It was also intermittent which drive me nuts!

After much trial & error, in my case it turned out to be an old Logitech driver I had running for a RumblePad 2 controller. If it was active, it seemed to interrupt polling of the JS or something in a way that caused significant lag in DCS.

When I uninstalled the Logitech software, the problem went away. Not sure if this is the same issue that is at work here but it may be worth checking just in case. Good luck!

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets