AAA Tracer Effect

stormrider

Requested already before in numerous threads (also search on the term "barrage"), both as placable graphic as well as unit ability.

I've never seen a response from ED on this request though, so yet another thread about it won't hurt :)

You've got my +1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

AAA fires requires that they can see you which is not the case when nights are really dark. You can get some decent results of AAA fires at night by selecting a date in the ME with decent level of illumination. If you want complete darkness and still having AA fires, you will need to go for Shilkas.

Yeah, believe it or not, the AAA does not just fire randomly up into the air for ambient effect. They're actually aiming at stuff. Aside from cluttering up the environment and making it impossible to tell what are real threats and what is just JJ Abrams ''more lights = cool'' what is the point?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Yeah, believe it or not, the AAA does not just fire randomly up into the air for ambient effect. They're actually aiming at stuff. Aside from cluttering up the environment and making it impossible to tell what are real threats and what is just JJ Abrams ''more lights = cool'' what is the point?

In the Gulf War iraqi AAA in and around bagdad did exactly that. They had thousands of AAA guns there but only a few equiped with radar. They fired barrage AAA into the night either by being advised about a rough enemy airplane position by radio or just by "hearing something is coming", but it was pretty much unaimed fire.

And besides that it would indeed look "cool" and be a nice improvement to night missions around strategic targets in or near cities.

I mean this has been posted in the wishlist (not for the first time by the way) , so some users would like to see it as an addition to DCS.

I don't get your point in getting into wishlist topics to tell everybody "No, we certainly don't need that".

If it would be added , those who like it can use it and those who don't wouldn't need to use it :pilotfly:

In the Gulf War iraqi AAA in and around bagdad did exactly that. They had thousands of AAA guns there but only a few equiped with radar. They fired barrage AAA into the night either by being advised about a rough enemy airplane position by radio or just by "hearing something is coming", but it was pretty much unaimed fire.

And besides that it would indeed look "cool" and be a nice improvement to night missions around strategic targets in or near cities.

I mean this has been posted in the wishlist (not for the first time by the way) , so some users would like to see it as an addition to DCS.

I don't get your point in getting into wishlist topics to tell everybody "No, we certainly don't need that".

If it would be added , those who like it can use it and those who don't wouldn't need to use it :pilotfly:

Exactly!

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

What about 3D fire at point for anti-aircraft guns? So a mission designer would define a point of certain radius and at a certain altitude or altitude range, and just have AAA fire at that, for a specific duration or specific amount of rounds.

Just need a constraint so that the zone is within the bounds of the range and altitude limits of whatever AAA is firing.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

What about 3D fire at point for anti-aircraft guns? So a mission designer would define a point of certain radius and at a certain altitude or altitude range, and just have AAA fire at that, for a specific duration or specific amount of rounds.

Just need a constraint so that the zone is within the bounds of the range and altitude limits of whatever AAA is firing.

I agree, although I would prefer instead of a fixed point, a random AAA fire inside zone, where zone is trigger radius;

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Well, provided that such user-defined 3D target points were to be implemented, they might come with a 'target radius' like artillery fire does, I guess.

Is there such a thing as AA barrage with the units from the WW2 asset pack?

Well, provided that such user-defined 3D target points were to be implemented, they might come with a 'target radius' like artillery fire does, I guess.

Is there such a thing as AA barrage with the units from the WW2 asset pack?

I'm pretty sure that there is a flak effect of some sort.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png