Community A-4E-C

So the radar is needed to drop bombs? Makes no sense to me, specially when you can use wing mounted bombs without it.

I have yet to figure out the details, but AG is used by weapons delivery computer which is tied into Navigation, which is purely inertial. THere this Nav modes; BHDI, TACAN, NAV PAC. I suspect that it matters for AG radar how that is set. I have it on BHDI (top most) for bombs, and PAC for rockets and gunpods, and guns.

Concerning internal MK12 cannon. The A-4EC has 100 rounds per gun. Kind of low. Singapore, Australia, and NZ increased internal count to 125 to 150 rounds per gun.

I changed A-4E-C.lua so that MK12 have 125. However I don't know if added weight is computed.

MK12 is first block of code in A-4E-C.lua

local function coltMK12(tbl)

tbl.category = CAT_GUN_MOUNT

tbl.name = "coltMK12"

tbl.supply =

{

shells = {"20x110mm HE-I", "20x110mm AP-I", "20x110mm AP-T"},

mixes = {{1,2,1,2,1,3}}, -- 50% HE-i, 25% AP-I, 25% AP-T

count = 100,

Change count to 125-150 range.

I have yet to figure out the details, but AG is used by weapons delivery computer which is tied into Navigation, which is purely inertial. THere this Nav modes; BHDI, TACAN, NAV PAC. I suspect that it matters for AG radar how that is set. I have it on BHDI (top most) for bombs, and PAC for rockets and gunpods, and guns.

Concerning internal MK12 cannon. The A-4EC has 100 rounds per gun. Kind of low. Singapore, Australia, and NZ increased internal count to 125 to 150 rounds per gun.

I changed A-4E-C.lua so that MK12 have 125. However I don't know if added weight is computed.

MK12 is first block of code in A-4E-C.lua

local function coltMK12(tbl)

tbl.category = CAT_GUN_MOUNT

tbl.name = "coltMK12"

tbl.supply =

{

shells = {"20x110mm HE-I", "20x110mm AP-I", "20x110mm AP-T"},

mixes = {{1,2,1,2,1,3}}, -- 50% HE-i, 25% AP-I, 25% AP-T

count = 100,

Change count to 125-150 range.

All USN and USMC A-4 variants could carry 100 rounds (max) per ammo can, the only exception would be the "Mike" which uses a different ammo can (200 rounds max per can).

12-inch-Red-aviation-ordnance-logo-sticker-with-IYAOYAS-banner.png

MK-12 itself was an ok cannon. The link chute/ammo can was 99 percent of the problems after g loading. When loading the ammo cans with a belt of rounds, we used this lube ( I won't say the nickname) and slathered the belt with this stuff hopefully avoiding jams. It made a mess..

Seriously! You guys used a food grade name brand lard , meant for biscuits, pies, and fried chicken, to lube moving parts if ammunition train on a combat coded airframe. I am thinking here about a smoke point of lard vs. aerospace grade lubricant. I guess that is one possible reason why Navy/USMC squadron and wing maintenance officers and sr.chiefs walked around with 24/7 headache, and retired early due to stress. Smile emojie.

I believe you, but only because, when I was at Field Artillery School in Ft. Sill, A Marine E-7 SINGGARS instructor showed how to ease mating of male-female connectors of SINGGARS (encrypted secure radio). Cause that connection required some serious forearm strength, and there was no end to sexual innuendo. One had to use two fingers and dip em into a lube then spit on em, and the resulting mess provided much easier mating and insured good electrical connection of prongs.

Leave it to a Marine to find a tactical application for household product. G*d Bless the Marines.

Vietnam Era Naval aviation safety film with lots of A-4 shots.

I haven't played this mod yet. But this looks very good.

Why isn't this a paid module yet? Is there anything lacking before it can be made into a paid module?

see the first post. ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Help with radio communications.

I can only coomunicate with ground crew, and only on the ground or deck,and then only with canopy open. In air I have no comms at all. Radios are On and set either with manual or preset.

What is going on and what is the secret?

From PAGE 1 of the Github where you downloaded from

“ Some aircraft systems are non-functional

Certain systems are either unimplemented or unable to be replicated by the developers at this time. These include, but are not limited to radio, in-flight refueling, D-704 Buddy refueling pod, and Walleye guided missiles.”

WIP

1923276561_A-4ECXF22WIP1.thumb.jpg.018bbbed05ec40208e3aa7833c6b2436.jpg

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Should be ready for DL.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306608/

1137587547_A-4ECVX-42.thumb.jpg.79b36c13fa1470a7e3e3965a7a0bbfaf.jpg

1355157530_A-4ECVX-44.thumb.jpg.12bb2dda1b7d466e260cab6adafa74ba.jpg

1897193007_A-4ECVX-45.thumb.jpg.33d13f803541ab3898cc0407ac941f47.jpg

Edited by Helles Belle

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Any chances of seeing a walleye on F-4 now that it is implemented on F-18 :)

Bonjour Apres une absence un peu longue je reviens sur ce module A-4E .Est ce la mise a jour de DCS mais je ne sais plus comment diriger l'avion au sol avec la roue avant Quelqu'un aurait-il une info Merci

Hello After a long absence I come back to this module A-4E. Is this the DCS update but I don’t know how to steer the plane to the ground with the wheel before Would anyone have any info Thanks ( sorry for my english )

Bonjour Apres une absence un peu longue je reviens sur ce module A-4E .Est ce la mise a jour de DCS mais je ne sais plus comment diriger l'avion au sol avec la roue avant Quelqu'un aurait-il une info Merci

Hello After a long absence I come back to this module A-4E. Is this the DCS update but I don’t know how to steer the plane to the ground with the wheel before Would anyone have any info Thanks ( sorry for my english )

Bonsoir Le probleme est réglé

Good evening The problem is solved