Essentuki, Kislovodsk.. Airports?

Anyone have a resource that says whether or not there are airports in the north eastern part of the combat theater (north of the highest mountain?) Specifically... The cities of Essentuki, Kislovodsk, or Ust-Dzheguta...

I'm making a mission and short of having people start out in the air it's a bit difficult to have engagements that far north and east...

3-Fudd, These are the only two sites I know that might help you....

http://www.scramble.nl/ru.htm

Click on Order of Battle, then on the pulldown menu select a district, choose "North Caucasus".

For Crimea and Georgia/Abkhazia, choose "Units Abroad".

http://www.russianairfields.com/refmap.htm

Seems to show that apart from Armavir (which anyway is off the North edge of the Lockon map so no good to you) there is nothing significant in the area you mentioned.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Now that You mentioned...

Some underground facilities or dug-in airbases would be fine. Might not be realistic if things like that don't actually exist in Caucasus and Crimean region but here's something that used to exist in former Yugoslavia:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%C5%BDeljava&search=Search

Zeljava AB.

It's an underground military airbase located near Bosnian town Bihac and half of it's underground tunnels were on Croatian soil under mountain Pljesivica. Built as a C&C in case of nuclear war. It had complete power and supplies autonomy able to withstand complete isolation for more than 30 days. It was destroyed back in 1992 during the war that struck this region but during early years of Patriotic War in Croatia many YuAF Fishbeds took off from Zeljava and attacked Croatia.

All gateways and entries were mined and destroyed in 1992 when YuAF retreated and Zeljava is unaccessible now!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you use my scenery mod there is an army base and (grass)airfield in the far east part of the lockon map.

Search the mod forum for details.

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

Yup I use it, that's somewhere in Chechnya, right?!

There's one broken Frog under treeline that I use for gun strafing practice :music_whistling:

BTW Birdy you've done a helluva job with your scenery mod and Merzifon AB and I'm looking for some winter terrain textures that have more snow on terrain (more white-ish tiles). Default ones seem too grey IMHO.

I also use HOT SUMMER mod that replaces default summer textures with more detailed ones so I believe editing winter textures might be a good idea.

What do U think?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]