New Helmet Decal - how to

=DECOY=

Camo Helmets

He was a bit generalizing. In Combat they wear the camo to remind them, they are foremost Marines and aviators second.

The reason they wear the camo helmet covers in combat is because the standard white helmet tape is extremely reflective. The last thing you want is highly reflective white helmet tape that can reflect white light for miles to give away your position. Honestly, the last thing a Marine pilot would ever need to remind them that they are Marines first and pilots second is a camouflage helmet cover.

PSA, I was there when that video was made and was the Quality Assurance Chief. The reason that second pilot had white helmet tape is because he was pretty new to the squadron and hadn't deployed yet. Great guy though!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys, the link for the PSD file is not working anymore...

Can anybody tell me the size in pixels of the PSD image. With that and the posted picture I will solve the problem.

(Nevermind, I checked the default decal, it's 512x512)

Edited by Muas

If you guys need the psd for the helmet decal, just create one, it's very simple...

1) open GIMP or any other software of your choice, create a transparent 512x512 texture

2) save the jpg file embedded in the first post of this thread, the black background with the texture map reticule

3) resize it to 512x512 and past it on the file you created on 1) as a layer

4) create your logo on another layer, and position/resize it accordingly to the map layer

5) off all layers except the one with your logo, everything around should be transparent

6) export the file to DDS, in BC3/DTX5 format, no mipmaps, and name it My_Helmet_Decal.dds

7) add the below line to the description.lua file of the skin where you want to use your helmet logo on, above the pilot helmet roughmet line

{"pilot_AV8B_helmet", DECAL ,"My_Helmet_Decal",false};

8) Install it at your saved games folder as you normaly would, and that 's it.

Enjoy your new custom helmet!!

• Thanks 6