IFR & VFR Real Charts

JorgeIII

Alright I added a tutorial for adding TCN/ILS here - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=101088

I also released the work I've done so far as a 'mod' over at http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1667492

(paulrkiii, you'll be pleased to know that reading that tutorial thread requires the least amount of effort possible)

Great Work on modding the files.

I just need to clarify that there are only 3 VOR in real life in the DCS area.

These are at

Kutaisi

Tiblisi

GELENDZHIK

So if we are to add tacan instead of VOR, it should be only at this airports.

THe rest of the airports have NBD

if you look at the Batumi charts or the Sochi posted before, that approach is based on a NBD not a VOR, thats the reason for the indication of radials to perform the turns during the pattern and not Distance.

is it possible to add NBD?

The A-10C says the AM radio has te ability to recieve NBD info and show it in the HSI but is not moddeled.

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

Alfredo, the charts at http://aviadocs.net/aip/html/eng.htm say otherwise.

There's a VORDME at Krasnodar - Center

a VORDME at Mineralnye Vody

and a DVOR at Sochi Adler.

Funnily enough I can't find any info for URKH, URKW or XRMF at that site.

I realise the mod is kind of 'proof of concept' at this point, but if I can encourage a couple of people to get involved with modding the files then we can work on making it more realistic.

Alright I added a tutorial for adding TCN/ILS here - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=101088

I also released the work I've done so far as a 'mod' over at http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1667492

(paulrkiii, you'll be pleased to know that reading that tutorial thread requires the least amount of effort possible)

Excellent news Ebs! I will look into it. Thanks.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

I made a quick mission for landing with IFR at Batumi. Step by step instructions with pics are provided in the link. Feel free to correct any error.

Link:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1669588#post1669588

IFRBatumi2_zpse100a46d.jpg

1) Intercept and fly on course 119 to Batumi at 7000’ (299 R).

2) Fly over the TACAN station. Turn left to a heading of 299 while descending to 3500’

3) Keep 3500’ on a heading of 299 until the TACAN station is at 143 degrees on you HIS. Bank left to intercept course 119 to Batumi.

4) When on final, on course 119, intercept ILS and land

5) If you don’t see the runway at 650’ climb to 3500’ while banking left to a heading of 299, try it again.

Edited by JorgeIII

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Anybody found out a way to add a custom nav fix to the default CDU navigation database for Crimea?(except prepare mission of course,,)

ARCOE, APEX, Stucky's peak..etc for example, it seems like it's already there for Nevada map/Redflag operation but Crimea.

I have been messing around with Default_DTS_CDU_DB.lua but still no luck.

@Jorge:

you defined HSI 143 deg as initial point for turn into baseleg.

Since there is also mentioned 135 deg (for cat A&B?) how do you know which HSI pointing you take?

Is A,B,C,D categorization for airplane weight etc?

Edited by I./ZG15_FALKE

@Jorge:

you defined HSI 143 deg as initiall point for turn into baseleg.

Since there is also mentioned 135 deg (for cat A&B?) how do you know which HSI pointing you take?

Is A,B,C,D categorization for airplane weight etc?

Aircraft approach categories depend on the Vref (a speed, which is usually 1.3x the stall speed in landing configuration and at maximum landing weight).

(1) Category A: Speed less than 91 knots.

(2) Category B: Speed 91 knots or more but less than 121 knots.

(3) Category C: Speed 121 knots or more but less than 141 knots.

(4) Category D: Speed 141 knots or more but less than 166 knots.

(5) Category E: Speed 166 knots or more.

L.

Edited by Luca0312

WARNING: If you install this modified "Beacons.lua" you will crash when entering MP servers that don't have it installed.

Modified "Beacons.lua" attached.

Took Ebs tutorial (thank you sir!!) and ran with it. In the 476th we've been working on DCS Flight Information Publications for Georgia and Russia based on the DOD Flight Information Publications format (yes, when completed will be released to the public to include the modified beacons.lua file). With this mod we'll be able to develop instrument procedures for 99% of the current modeled airfields.

The Pub will include:

• Instrument Approach Procedures
  • Standard instrument Departures
  • Airport Diagrams

Cover

Cover.png

Senaki

Senaki-3.png

We're using the real world data where available for TACAN/ILS, where none exists we made it up, we're simulating NATO (or whoever you want to it to be) has deployed to these locations and set up mobile TACAN/ILS stations ;).

Only two airfields won't have ILS data, one each in Georgia and Russia. Soganlug, Georgia; I can get ILS to show up at the airfield but because it has the same runway numbers as Lochini the ILS wants to steer you there to land. Gelendzhik, Russia; anytime you try to add ILS info to the airfield it locks the sim up. We're using the below data to build our approach and departure charts.

476th_TACAN_ILS_zps4ad3dca1.png

Edited by Snoopy

The Tbilisi Lochini 13R have its own ILS at 110.3

Yes and no, it shows but it doesn't work. Vaziani is the same way, in sim it shows ILS for both runways but only works for one end.

As you can see my the pics below.

dcs2013-02-0617-46-15-71_zps3ed221cb.png

dcs2013-02-0617-46-19-50_zpsbaea48b3.png

Edited by Snoopy

Nice one Paul!

Great to see someone fleshing out the file! As Paul also mentioned there's a problem with ILS on more than one runway. It also doesn't seem to be possible to add ILS to Gelendzhik (crashes the mission editor)

Paul, I did manage to fix Soglagun though.... If you look in Beacons, it's listed under

TbilisiMilitary  = {}

and has a blank entry....just give it a runway and Airdrome block and assign your frequencies. 04-22 runway btw :)

Thanks guys, you're doing great job. This was needed to make DCS more realistic in basic flight department. Looking forward to 476th IFR publication/mod. :thumbup:

This should be ED's job really, but they're overwhelmed ATM, so the comunity comes to rescue.

Top-notch stuff!

:joystick:

Nice one Paul!

Great to see someone fleshing out the file! As Paul also mentioned there's a problem with ILS on more than one runway. It also doesn't seem to be possible to add ILS to Gelendzhik (crashes the mission editor)

Paul, I did manage to fix Soglagun though.... If you look in Beacons, it's listed under

TbilisiMilitary  = {}

and has a blank entry....just give it a runway and Airdrome block and assign your frequencies. 04-22 runway btw :)

Found it last night, I got TACAN to work there but ILS was no joy. I'll try using 04-22.

Sorry about that last post! Here's Soglagun

[TbilisiMilitary] = {
		runway = {
		['13-31'] = {
			side = {
				 ['13'] = {
				 {
						type		= BEACON_TYPE_ILS_FAR_HOMER,
						callsign	= "TB",
						frequency	= 1050000.0
					},
					{
						type		= BEACON_TYPE_ILS_NEAR_HOMER,
						callsign	= "T",
						frequency	= 250000.0
					},
					ILS:frequency(111.75, 'TIB', math.rad(3.0))
				 },
				['31'] = {

}
			}
		}
	},
	airdrome = {
		TACAN(21, 'X', 'SOG', {x = -318876.5, z = 903131.1})
	}
},

:)