Keep ECM on or off after missile launch (during defensive)?

JazonXD

Not to drift, but I know missile Afms were being worked on as well. Seeing as the f18c will possibly launch standoff range missiles, will we see any developments?

As a further aside, I can't remember if weapon aerodynamics affect the aircraft while being carried? Drag, etc?

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

I don't want to get salty on missile performance development, but they vaguely said they "hired an engineer" to do the missiles... that was like a year ago, and we didn't hear anything. Meanwhile, IASGATG worked hard on his missile mod, put in the work, got the results, got the evidence, and yet ED isn't even considering it... maybe they wouldn't take anything from the missile mod, but they don't even have the desire to acknowledge that it was some good and solid work. I think it's quite unfortunate, not putting down ED in any way, because they do absolutely amazing work and detail with lots of other things, and DCS as a whole, but I really do wished and hope that things like this will be better recognized and taken seriously.

Not to drift, but I know missile Afms were being worked on as well. Seeing as the f18c will possibly launch standoff range missiles, will we see any developments?

As a further aside, I can't remember if weapon aerodynamics affect the aircraft while being carried? Drag, etc?

Yes it does, fly at max speed in any plane, then drop then jettison the weapons, you'll start flying faster. But I can't tell you how complexly the drag is affected when weapons attached to planes. I'm pretty sure it's very basic and very surface-level.

Edited by JazonXD

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

Meanwhile, IASGATG worked hard on his missile mod, put in the work, got the results, got the evidence, and yet ED isn't even considering it... maybe they wouldn't take anything from the missile mod, but they don't even have the desire to acknowledge that it was some good and solid work. I think it's quite unfortunate, not putting down ED in any way, because they do absolutely amazing work and detail with lots of other things, and DCS as a whole, but I really do wished and hope that things like this will be better recognized and taken seriously.

ED simply has a different philosophy/methodology for tuning missile FMs. They took the work seriously enough, ever since I started it and IASGATG has done a huge effort since. I certainly didn't have the resource/knowledge to run CFDs, though our results mostly agreed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Missile Mod 3.0, which you're linking to, is obsolete.

How so?

EDIT; I see now.

I dont see :(

Which mod is the current standard?

I had a scan through the forum and searched a few terms but couldnt find a similar mod or an updated version.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

No, it is obsolete. There have been a lot of changes in the missile file. I don't know if using the existing mod will work at all, though the possibility exists.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No, it is obsolete. There have been a lot of changes in the missile file. I don't know if using the existing mod will work at all, though the possibility exists.

Oh ok, that makes sense, thanks for your help.

Im just getting back into DCS after being away from it for a fair while, its surprising how many problems the software still has if Im honest, though Im sure there are good reasons.

Weirdly It feels like some things were more realistic back when it used to be called "Flanker 1.5"