Some questions about this incredible DCS WW2.

Conroy

Everything does look superb.....nothing to say about it if not that's really an amazing map. Fantastic.

But....

1) We don't have news about DM since December, first of all for B-17 AI. All this incredible beauty would be neutralized if we'll have the same DM we have now in DCS for the bombers (B-52 ecc. ecc.);

2) Again, what about new DM for P-51D, BF-109K4, FW-190D-9, Spitfire Mk.IX? We'll have some chances to test the new map, with the new DM?

3) Would be nice to have also some feedback about England and Calais area ecc. ecc.. We know that only Normandy area will be detailed at the beginning but this is not acceptable off course, not anymore. So, could we have some confirmations that in the next future we could have all the map area with the same incredible details we have seen in these days, England included?

4) Weather and new clouds.

Could we have some more info about weather considering that in the Channel as for Normandy, this feature it's a sort of "must to have" to provide the real immersion that this theater does deserve?

5) It woul be great if we could have finally a rain effect on the cockpit, just to improve the immersion to be in the Normandy/Channel theater;

6) What about P-47D? Any news?

7) What do you think about modules like FW-190A/F/G just to provide a jabo for the Lutfwaffe considering how incredibly detailed is this map at low altitude? The same for Tempest ecc. ecc. but FW-190 seem to be really missed "must to have" here.

actually, some good questions, but lots of them are already kind off answered in the past, searching could help

1) Maybe we'll get news soon

2) don't know, someone of ED would have to answer it or we'll see when we get it

3) It's Normandy, not england, so if only Normandy would be detailed, it's ok IMO, Nevada is being improved, same as Caucasus and SoH is WIP

4) New clouds are already in, just need to edit a file, so new clouds are there available too

5) maybe on the to-do list, already discussed a few times

6) search in the dedicated thread about it

7) Being discussed and maybe some plans are there

3) It's Normandy, not england, so if only Normandy would be detailed, it's ok IMO, Nevada is being improved, same as Caucasus and SoH is WIP.

This statement would deserve some more attentions considering the last map template update by Wags (Calais ecc. ecc.). Do you think that a "green map" with only Normandy detailed would be Ok? Really?

I think something is drastically changed in DCS WW2, positively i mean, so my question.

Item 3 was answered, very clearly, in the Normandy live stream.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

4) New clouds are already in, just need to edit a file, so new clouds are there available too

Woooot!! Any pictures do they sync on multiplayer, I understood that clouds were only going to be worked on after explosion effects!

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• ED Team
Woooot!! Any pictures do they sync on multiplayer, I understood that clouds were only going to be worked on after explosion effects!

Those are old new clouds, they were a WIP and as I remember they dont run all that well. The current info we have is correct, after explosions the clouds will be worked on using similar tech.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

3) Would be nice to have also some feedback about England and Calais area ecc. ecc.. We know that only Normandy area will be detailed at the beginning but this is not acceptable off course, not anymore. So, could we have some confirmations that in the next future we could have all the map area with the same incredible details we have seen in these days, England included?

Honestly, that's a pretty impertinent demand. England was never even supposed to be included in the map in the first place. But ED was so kind to fulfill the numerous requests in the community to add a low-detail england to the map. You should be thankful to have this, but instead you choose to blame ED because of that. :mad:

They have been in DCS for about a year now, but are still work in progress. They will change quiet a bit until their official release ;)

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Those are old new clouds, they were a WIP and as I remember they dont run all that well. The current info we have is correct, after explosions the clouds will be worked on using similar tech.

Performance wise, ED made really really big improvements, they just clip a bit and you can see the layers if they clip through the terrain, otherwise they're fine

@Krupi, they are available since the launch of 1.5, an example of how they look at the moment, they are WIP as Sithspawn said:

Don't know about syncing though, probably not

Does anyone know if the ww2 "assets" will be drive-able like CA?

i7 3930k @ 4.7GHz | GTX 980 Ti | 16GB G.Skill 2133 Quad Channel | Samsung 850 EVO SSD | Win7 ProX64 | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | CH Throttle | BenQ XL2730Z 1440p

Does anyone know if the ww2 "assets" will be drive-able like CA?

That is the plan but they will not be at the time of release.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It would be great if there were at least one driveable tank for each side. A lot of people, including me can have a lot of fun with just one tank, while waiting for the other ones. :lol:

Quick guide to configure ABRIS and LCD mini monitor

Quick Countermeasure Editor v1.3.0

Core i5 3570K 4.0Ghz | GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD | Crucial M4 120GB | 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ | ASUS GTX 670 | AOC LED 23" | AOC LCD 24" | HYBRID DUAL THROTTLE (SAITEK THROTTLE QUADRANT + SUNCOM DUAL THROTTLE) | CH FIGHTERSTICK | SAITEK PRO PEDALS |