Which aircraft to choose

sven3d3

pretty sure you hit the left side of the throttle and turned off the high pressure valve, that would immobilize your throttle position to off and kill the engine.

especially since there are no clickable controls on the stick or throttle proper.

Edited by probad

pretty sure you hit the left side of the throttle and turned off the high pressure valve, that would immobilize your throttle position to off and kill the engine.

especially since there are no clickable controls on the stick or throttle proper.

My understanding of his post is that the Throttle was unresponsive so he clicked on it and that turned off the High Pressure valve

(Locking it in place and killing the engine)

but that it was unresponsive even before he clicked it

(Thus before he turned of the High Pressure fuel valve).

That makes me think he enabled the AFK by mistake

(Which would have kept him flying) but then he became confused

as to why he had no command over the throttle and started clicking buttons to find the problem ending up turning off the high pressure valve by accident.

Atleast that i my reading of the situation.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I am Sven and I am new here at this forum and have a question. I couldn't find a good place to post this question so I put it in here. I have flown flaming cliffs for some time now and flew Lomac in the early days. Have had much pleasure with it. But now I want to fly an aircraft with clickable cockpit. I know those kind of aircraft are much more complex to fly. At this moment I still can't choose between the Mirage 2000C, the A-10C and the Viggen. Important for me is which one of the three is the least complex to fly with, cause I think I will have a hard time to master such complex airplanes. Or: which one is the best to start with. Thanks in advance!

The F-5 is a great jet to start off with, but if you want something similar to FC3, just with realistic flight and systems, then get the M2000C. The Viggen is quite complicated as is the A-10, but they are rewarding to fly. The M2K is equipped with bombs, rockets, semi-active radar guided missiles, and IR guided missiles. The A-10 has laser guided bombs, optically guided missiles, conventional (dumb) bombs and rockets, and IR missiles. The Viggen has conventional bombs and rockets, optically guided missiles, RC missiles flown by the pilot, radar guided anti-shipping missiles, INS guided gliding sub-munition dispensers, and IR missiles. The Viggen is the most interesting aircraft in DCS (My opinion) with the most varied weapon selection. The M2K is the most capable air to air, and the A-10C is the most capable air to ground, and the most complex. All of them are must buys eventually, but I would not recommend starting off with the A-10C unless you are a masochist. Start off with the M2000C or the F-5E.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C, FC3, P-51, BF-109, UH-1, MI-8, KA-50, M2000C, AJS-37, Gazelle, F-5E, L-39, F-86, MiG-15, MiG-21.

a-10 isn't hard... its just different since its got an operating system layer between you and the plane, in contrast to the traditional push-button-get-function operation of older aircraft. having to learn the logic of the 4way switches requires less memorization than ck-37 codes for instance -- but of course learning arcane codes is part of the fun.

The A-10C isn't hard so much as it isn't intuitive in some aspects. The cockpit environment has you jumping around it a little, but you get used to it quick.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!