Startup Video How-To

DieHard

Have the Spit 9 down pretty good, except I suck at combat.

Since Messerschmidt is similar to the Spit, am relearning her. Figure I will fly both online.

I have completely forgotten everything about this aircraft. I have all my setup notes and controls setup how-to.

Damn thing doesn't start in manual in Instant - Cold Start in Single Player or on the "Burning Skies" server.

I am doing something wrong.

I flew this thing on initial release and a year ago for several months and had her down solid.

Getting old sucks! Reviewing video how-to 's .

and

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=179101

This video is the older version from December '14.

No need to pump the priming pump and the pressure gauge does not function as shown in this video.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the same problem, I cannot start the 109 at all.

I do everything like I did before and it always started, now I cant even raise the fuel pressure enough. It must be a bug because I also tried to run the engine with Cheat and that didnt work either.

Modules I own: Bf109K-4, FW190D-9, P-51D Mustang, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, MiG-21bis, F-5E Tiger II, A-10C(The Enemy Within Campaign), Flamming Cliffs 3.

pressure gauge work, but not with the engine off, that's a new feature

i normally pump 4 times, that's enough for me.

4 times works? ...I pumped about 20 and the engine just wont start. I turn the pumps and ignition on, magneto, select the boosters, run the starter and then press the starter. Engine cranks over but it refuses to start.

Modules I own: Bf109K-4, FW190D-9, P-51D Mustang, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, MiG-21bis, F-5E Tiger II, A-10C(The Enemy Within Campaign), Flamming Cliffs 3.

4 times works? ...I pumped about 20 and the engine just wont start. I turn the pumps and ignition on, magneto, select the boosters, run the starter and then press the starter. Engine cranks over but it refuses to start.

In current version even 0 (zero) times works, though I don't know if it's historically accurate. As mentioned in other threads on the subject, you just have to pull the starter clutch handle much, much longer. The engine will catch eventually.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

20 times is too much

When you pump so many times below 20 and it still doesnt start...

In current version even 0 (zero) times works, though I don't know if it's historically accurate. As mentioned in other threads on the subject, you just have to pull the starter clutch handle much, much longer. The engine will catch eventually.

I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: It started with about 5 pumps, you're right it started a lot later and the starter was about to "die" when the engine caught up.

Edited by nelsondx

Same problem, the fuel pressure gauge does not work even if you operate the primer.

On start using the primer five times even if the pressure indicator remains at zero, pull the starter lever for about 5/10 seconds, and the engine starts.

Surely this is a bug :huh:

:pilotfly:

As it was fixed and explained shortly after module release (plus corrected in the manual), the fuel pressure gauge runs off the mechanical fuel pump driven by the engine, so it cannot react to priming and will only work when the engine itself runs.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

As it was fixed and explained shortly after module release (plus corrected in the manual), the fuel pressure gauge runs off the mechanical fuel pump driven by the engine, so it cannot react to priming and will only work when the engine itself runs.

Strange that the fuel gauge needle does not move during manual pumping with the primer, the manual reflects this:

With left hand, pump the Primer Pump Handle while watching the Fuel Pressure Gauge. Keep pumping until Fuel Pressure Gauge reads at least 1 bar (needle in the middle of the scale); this could take up to 15 strokes. When finished, secure the Handle in the down position.

According to the manual, instrument needle must move....

This was patched some time ago. Manual just hasn't been updated apparently.

It used to be like that but I remember ED then changed it and said that it's incorrect unless the engine is running.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

It used to be like that but I remember ED then changed it and said that it's incorrect unless the engine is running.

I realized, the needle on the fuel pressure gauge should not move when the engine is not running.

Thank you for the clarification :thumbup:

It has been updated indeed. Falcoblu, go to docs folder and check the latest version of the manual, You won't find the quote above in it anymore.

You're right, the manual now reports this:

Check Fuel and Oil Pressure gauge. Needles must move and indicate some pressure within 10 seconds of engine start. If not, shut down the engine immediately and check for leaks.