Quick question about DCS v2

Gerg

Hey there!

Quick question about DCS versions n etc.

Ive been away for ages n just reinstalled DCS again. Is the base game for everyone getting upgraded to v2 of the sim eventually or is it just when buy Nevada?

My version is still on 1.5.xx and thought it was getting upgraded for everyone?

Just want to know if the version number should be 2.xx or V2 is already what im playing on.

Thx for look!

There are three versions available at the moment.

v1.5x Release

v1.5x Open Beta

v2.0x Open Alpha

Everything will eventually merge into v2.5.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Is the base game for everyone getting upgraded to v2 of the sim eventually or is it just when buy Nevada?

1.5 is still the base version of the game, which includes the free Caucasus terrain.

2.0 is the Open Alpha and currently only features the Nevada terrain, which must be purchased.

All modules work in both versions, though it might take a week or two until updates are made available in both versions.

Eventually, both versions will be merged into DCS 2.5, which will then include the free Caucasus terrain and all payware add-on terrains. I believe this merge is supposed to take place some time after release of the Normandy map, which itself is scheduled to be released late May as an early access version. :thumbup:

Edit: Sniped ;)